Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

The Great ‘Blagging hints and tips’ Hunt - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

The Great ‘Blagging hints and tips’ Hunt

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
165 replies 97.6K views

Replies

• ok, i am officially a blagger!!!

i sent a really cheeky letter to loads of firms telling them i liked their products, and asking for freebies.

So far...
    westons cider sent a nice email, but no freebies
    as did martini
    as did sony
    as did nokia

blavod (black vodka) sent a t-shirt, bottle cooler and a teeny lil thong (that will never, ever, get worn ;))

wkd sent a 6ft blow up bottle, a couple of wristbands, and a couple of bottle opener keyrings.

i'm really impressed, only sent the emails on weds, and received 2 parcels on friday.

thanks OP, for encouraging me to be brave and ask for something for nothing

sarah x
    I am the God of HellFire, and I bring you...PEANUTS!
  • :confused: Hey...iam inspired by the thread and also watch the show and saw da 16 yrs dude blaggin...i want to become 1...ne help, advice or even places to blag will b much appriciated...thx alot...:confused:

Thx,
    :A [STRIKE]MNJ [/STRIKE]:A
  • Madhuri_NJ wrote: »
    :confused: Hey...iam inspired by the thread and also watch the show and saw da 16 yrs dude blaggin...i want to become 1...ne help, advice or even places to blag will b much appriciated...thx alot...:confused:

Thx,
    Hi was talking to tht boy, and he gave me this advice.

If phoning, exchange names with the person and call them by there name.

start with the small stuff like pencils and pens etc. and as you get better at it go for bigger stuff like bluetooth things

if your not confident with phoning, email. (if you phone it's harder for them to say no)

when asking say something along the lines of. I have been using your products for x amount of years, and i was wondering if it would be possible for you to send ....... and the anything you fancy

speak politly, and the more experience you get, the more things you get.

start with the easy companies like cadburys, and get bigger

thts all i can remember atm but there is more he said and i will post it up soon
    Dont forget to click THANKS if I help you!!:j :j
  • vicvic_3vicvic_3 Forumite
    255 posts
    Slobbs123

Did you email wkd or go through their website??
    Thanks!
  • flypflyp Forumite
    374 posts
    My sucsess so far i have been a blagger since wensday, well thinking about it sicne last sunday. My sucsess. Wrote a letter a email to krisspy kreme. They sent me two key chain (those things you put round you neck to put your keys on) and two phone cleaners. I was so greatful to them. Can anyone give me tips like a scenior on blagging fo free stuff over the phone. As i am thinking about it. Like a example of a phone convo or what to do and how to ask.

Planning to be real good at blagging, i just email companies but gonna try speak to a company.
  • barginbinbarginbin Forumite
    100 posts
    Madhuri_NJ wrote: »
    :confused: Hey...iam inspired by the thread and also watch the show and saw da 16 yrs dude blaggin...i want to become 1...ne help, advice or even places to blag will b much appriciated...thx alot...:confused:

Thx,

Are you referring to my tv appearance :rotfl:it is me although i have no way of proving it maybe martin/admin could sort some way to show its me?

If you want to balg firstly are you confidnat in speaking some one face to face? If not a telephone call , letter/email maybe a better method. I mainly use telephone companies as you get an instant response rather than a letter/email they may or may not reply to.

Start with small things like pens and pencils then when you know what your doing more and grow in confidence try bigger items.

Hope that helps The teenage Blagger :beer:
  • :j Thx...for all the advice much appriciated will deffinatly giv it a shot..thx again!:j
  • barginbin wrote: »
    Are you referring to my tv appearance :rotfl:it is me although i have no way of proving it maybe martin/admin could sort some way to show its me?

If you want to balg firstly are you confidnat in speaking some one face to face? If not a telephone call , letter/email maybe a better method. I mainly use telephone companies as you get an instant response rather than a letter/email they may or may not reply to.

Start with small things like pens and pencils then when you know what your doing more and grow in confidence try bigger items.

Hope that helps The teenage Blagger :beer:

Didn't knw i'll get through to the expert..LOl..:D thx for all the advice i will deffo giv it a shot...i dnt fink i can mke it via da fne jus yet but i wil try e-mails first then fne..thx for the all the advice!:D

You mentioned pens n pencils to strt off with...but iam confused dnt knw who to go to as in firm wise..any advice on hu is da best firms to go 2? :confused:

Iam a girl so ne beauty or cometics would be a fab so not dat u wud if u do ne such firms that would be of use! :confused:

Jus wanna say thx for all the help and u deffo inspired others...thx dude!:rotfl:

:T Thx,
  • barginbinbarginbin Forumite
    100 posts
    With blagging its a bit of luck who your letter , email or telephone call gets to as some staff in companies are more willing to send out things than others. I have had beauty stuff from Lush via email and in store i always get them to chuck something free in as i norm spend quiet a bit in there :D (not hard). The only reason i said pens and pencils was because smaller items are easy to get but gives you confidence to blag bigger and better things later on :D

I work in telesales so have a good phone manner and i am very persuasive so phone but have had things from letter/emails :D
  • Thanks to everyone for your kindness. I will try Asda & the more personal approach.
    Not sure about local celebs though....small town in North Wales!! Thank you again for your thoughts & well wishes
    x
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
    :happylove