Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

The Great ‘Blagging hints and tips’ Hunt - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The Great ‘Blagging hints and tips’ Hunt

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
165 replies 99.5K views

Replies

• flypflyp Forumite
    374 posts
    I want to get free stuff and become a blagger. I want to free stuff from compnais. Maybe a free poster from a record label. But how i ask? do i say, do you have any promotional products?

thanks
  • liz545liz545 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Work out what you want, and why you want it, and then ask nicely. Say you wanted a poster of a band, there's no harm in writing to their record label and asking if they have any promotional material - the worst that can happen is they can say no. Be honest, polite, and don't ask for anything that you don't really think you'll use - just because it's free it isn't necessarily worthwhile!
    2015 comp wins - £370.25
    Recent wins: gym class, baby stuff
    Thanks to everyone who posts freebies and comps! :j
  • renowenrenowen Forumite
    264 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I take it you were watching Martins programme this morning ;)

If its just free stuff for yourself you want think of all the things you are into, I mean, theres not alot of point in blagging something if its just going to end up in the bin or gathering dust.

Once you know what you want then call the company up, say your interesting in purchasing a number of whatever it is you want and is it possible to get a free sample or something to trial before you commit to buy (make sure they dont expect it make)
    Like the lad said on the programme, go for big companies as they are more financially able to send out freebies

Good luck
  • flypflyp Forumite
    374 posts
    thanks both of you. Yes i was watching the show. 725 veiws and like two replys wow
  • great i'm going to try a few of these
    BEEN AWAY FOR A WHILE NOW BACK TO COMPING BIG STYLE!! :p
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • I am having my very first 'big' birthday party for my gorgeous daughter in April..she will be 4 & I want to make it as special as possible for her.
    She suffers from Cerebral palsy & epilepsy...her CP affects her mobility & she is totally dependant on my help. She is a determined little princess who makes me proud every day..she is such a special little girl who deserves the best I can possibly give her.

I have hired out the hall in the leisure centre for a softplay party, she is a popular little lady & we have almost 30 children coming....

Anyway, the point of this post:
    Being a single mum, (unable to work due to her disability) it is hard to be able to give her the party she deserves.
    I sent polite emails to Cadburys, Walkers crisps, Kingsmill, Nestle, crayola etc. I explained all about my daughter s disability & her party & asked whether they would be kind enough to help/donate anything towards with her party.
    I have received responses from almost all of them......knockback after knock back....very impersonal responses saying NO!! Which is a little disappointing really as I wasn't blagging...I was genuinely asking them for their help, with them being huge companies I had hoped that they would be able to help.

If you are going to write to various companies, dont get your hopes up!
    If people are just going to write for the sake of free stuff....you may be taking dontations that other people may need..no offence meant by that-I am all for free stuff!! Just not at the cost of others.

:A
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
    :happylove
  • flypflyp Forumite
    374 posts
    thanks for the tips people
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of my friends drew a bands logo across their chests and walked around central london filming it. they put the video on youtube and put a link on the bands myspace messages and got free VIP tickets to the bands next london gig. it wasn't a very well known band, but we were fans and the tickets would have cost us £16, plus there were some famous people at the after-party.
  • flypflyp Forumite
    374 posts
    i want to blag a record company for some stuff. But the record company is in America. And i live in london. What can i do?
  • mountainchrisrivermountainchrisriver Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    3.9K posts
    flyp wrote: »
    i want to blag a record company for some stuff. But the record company is in America. And i live in london. What can i do?

Fly to America... visit the company... i'm sure they'll give you something like posters for all your trouble...
    :D