Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

The Great ‘Blagging hints and tips’ Hunt - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The Great ‘Blagging hints and tips’ Hunt

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
165 replies 100.4K views

Replies

• sanjaymazsanjaymaz Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    27 posts
    My sister-in-law and her fiancee went to a wedding show a few months ago. They signed up with all the catering and restaurant firms at the show and they've eaten out at "free tasting" for several months courtesy of this trip. Their £15 ticket saved them many £100's in meals out - my wife and I will try this next year :rotfl: !!
  • sjpsamsjpsam Forumite
    325 posts
    I sent an email to stabilo asking them if they had any product information or samples for left handed pens as my son is left handed and there were so many brands on the market,

They sent me a free pen and 10 refills for it and a load of info for us and to pass onto his school.
    :) If you like what I say please say thanks :)
  • black-saturnblack-saturn
    13.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So has anyone got any tips as to what I could blag for my wedding? Anything in the way of drinks, food or table decorations?
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Has anyone got any good ideas for getting sponsorship for schools? Don't want to rip anyone off, but it would be good to establish mutually beneficial relationships with companies (national and local) near to the school where I'm a governor. Funding sources would also be much appreciated!
  • ive ben sending letters and emails to companies for years and have always had something back whether it be vouchers or samples.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • rmg1rmg1 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just blgged a 2GB (yes Gigabyte) datastick from a company. It came with Lotus Notes on it as it's supposed to be used instead of laptops where possible. I asked for a testing sample as we may be looking to purchase quite a few and they sent me one.
    Never got past our buyer but i didn't tell them that.
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
  • Oh my goodness- that is one of the sneakiest things I have ever heard !!!

I have been burgled though and I just couldn't cope with the fact that I was profiting from someone else's misery...not everyone has insurance....living in an area badly affected by June's floods, it has become clear just how many people don't have contents insurance...

I hope people don't go trying this one out!
  • This involves a little expense to begin with - you need to buy one of those marker pens whose writing can only be read under infra-red light. You then spend every Saturday touring Dixons, Comet etc. and write your postcode and house number on all the electrical appliances, stereos, TVs, fridges etc. that you can manage.

After a year or so, you should begin to receive weekly calls from the police asking you to come and collect 'your' property from the latest batch of swag they have recovered.

All you need then is an eBay account and there you go! Riches beyond the dreams of avarice!

Sounds like something from Viz:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • My brother walked Hadrians Wall last month for charity and rather than paying full whack for his new hiking boots, he contacted Scarpa direct, explained what it was for and blagged them for cost price, PLUS got a free pair of walking poles worth £50!
  • Oh my goodness- that is one of the sneakiest things I have ever heard !!!

I have been burgled though and I just couldn't cope with the fact that I was profiting from someone else's misery...not everyone has insurance....living in an area badly affected by June's floods, it has become clear just how many people don't have contents insurance...

I hope people don't go trying this one out!

Whatever do you mean? It's not sneaky at all and just who do you think is losing out? If people don't mark their property in this way how would it help them if you didn't mark it before it was sold?

I have been retired 7 years now and this little scam has kept me in a life of luxury I could never have dreamed of whilst I was working. I have now rented a flat in Harpenden as I find that the quality of goods returned is much better there.

I am planning more rental addresses as my business expands and will soon be buying a van to assist with my property collections.
    Strangers always have the best sweeties.