Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

The Great ‘Blagging hints and tips’ Hunt - Page 15

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The Great ‘Blagging hints and tips’ Hunt

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
165 replies 100.4K views

Replies

• Got an email from Lush saying if I wanted free samples I would have to order something......booo hooooo!
    Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!
    :hello:
  • I think that is extraordinarily mean especially considering the fact that it i for charity and for such a worthy cause to boot.
    Do they not want to be seen as supporting this community/ cause then?
    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.
    Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too,
    can become great."
    - Mark Twain
  • credit_crunchcredit_crunch Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    is it against mse rules to post lists of possible contact email addresses? also is it against the rules to pm another person some possible contact email addresses?
    1.4K posts
    ✭✭✭
    free?

join the royal mail survey. 18 free a month

i tried to join this but they said they didn't need anymore ppl in my area:confused:

but they did say they would be in touch should anything change!:j
  • I e-mailed Avon, and asked for some samples, i told them, i have been asking my rep for some for ages for some colour samples, cos the colours i get i don't like and end up giving them away. loads of money has been wasted.
    i got an e-mail back saying NO we don't give samlpes, if you don't like the product return it.
    Now they have lost a costumer,i have stopped using Avon.
  • ThinkingOfLinkingThinkingOfLinking Forumite
    11.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although there is a separate charities board, I felt this was a more appropriate thread on which to post....

I am looking to raise £6k to complete 2 charity treks. It is all above board and any money would be paid directly into my Justgiving account, so there could be no suggestion of anything untoward. I was thinking of asking certain outdoor companies such as Blacks and Millets for sponsorship, eg me wearing their logos and being photographed on my expeditions in them, possibly with blog entries bigging them up, in exchange for free stuff and/or money. How exactly do I go about wording this? Because I'm not asking for pens and it's not for myself personally exactly, I want to get it perfect. Any pointers would be gratefully received. Incidentally, the treks are for Great Ormond St Hospital, and I'm going to the Great Wall of China and then the Inca Trail. I need at least £6k just to get started as they need money to pay for my flights, vaccinations etc etc.
  • janeysjaneys Forumite
    424 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I know for a fact that cotton trader have given stuff to people who have done charity walks/runs. If you go to their web page and click on customer feedback you can read the thank you letters and perhaps get some ideas on how to word a request. Good luck and I hth.
  • I emailed Krispy Kreme, Five (TV), Ben Rowe and they sent my items like lanyards, screen cleaners and postcards

I have emailed National Geographic, Tetley and Dave's Gourmet and they say there is something in the post forme, which is nice.
    Did you hear the one about the man who could not be destroyed?

They burned him...they buried him alive...they disconnected his internet...
    but he keeps...coming...back.
    1.4K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so I have tried the following and none of them can/will send out samples/vouchers:
    heinz, lush, krispy kreme, molten brown, unilever, proctor & gamble, oetker!:confused:

I will keep trying! I have had a very nice email from the guys at Southern Comfort :T

My emails basically said that I have recently bought my first home & will be having a party in the near future & anything would be appreciated - I adapted this to suit the household brands - and this is true by the way - I have just moved house & am currently planning the housewarming!!

xx