Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

The Great ‘Blagging hints and tips’ Hunt - Page 16

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The Great ‘Blagging hints and tips’ Hunt

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
165 replies 100.4K views

Replies

• anyone had anything latley ?
  • sinwsinw Forumite
    7.8K posts
    when i worked for a well known car insurance company we had an induction and one the tasks was 2 send groups out to see how many freebies they can get - we went around Cardiff collecting stuff from shops n u wud b suprised amount goodies we did actually collect and the value - places like lush and Thorntons
    SIMPLES!
  • Guy_laister_2Guy_laister_2 Forumite
    209 posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    just blagged myself a free travel plug :) perfect for me as holiday soon!:j
    Dont forget to click THANKS if I help you!!:j :j
  • denice37denice37 Forumite
    478 posts
    followed advice on here and have received a £2 off coupon for mccains after complementing them on their products via email. Nestles just sent a well worded reply!
    :laugh::Sometime I try to be NORMAL. . . But it gets boring so I go back to being me. . .
  • Guy_laister_2Guy_laister_2 Forumite
    209 posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    denice37 wrote: »
    followed advice on here and have received a £2 off coupon for mccains after complementing them on their products via email. Nestles just sent a well worded reply!
    Not bad. I complained to nestle and they sent me £6 voucher!
    Dont forget to click THANKS if I help you!!:j :j
  • hi
    i was just wondering if anyone had done this recently and how did you word your request emails/letters im gettin married and saw that some ppl got freebies/samples and wondered what they wrote
  • cooldude255220cooldude255220 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Just compliment them, and ask them if it might be possible for them to send you something to help with your wedding.
  • misskatymisskaty Forumite
    183 posts
    100 Posts
    Any recent tips anyone ?
  • Hii guys this only kinda works if you live somewhere not so close to a big shopping town etc etc but I always save the magazine pages of things I like (most recent one was a bag) then when then when they don't put the item you want on their website and obviously, your local store doesn't have it in stock (or you don't have a local store so can't get it) then write them a letter WITH the magazine page saying you would like an some kind of explanation as to why it was never put on their website when it was advertised and that you're upset cos you really wanted the item, stress that you have checked your local store if you have one and checked the website regularly usually they'll send you the thing you want for free (don't leave it too long though because they might stop selling what you want, but remember magazines get things sometimes months before they are in shops, so leave it a while) I've done this a few times, generally cos it really annoys me when things are advertised in magazines and they never actually sell them anywhere acsessable to me. Sorry if this is a bit confusing but it works lol :) Sorry kinda obvious but I forgot to add - you write directly to the company not the magazine, like if it was a bag from new look, write to new look. And always remember letter not e-mail, companies hardly ever send things in response to e-mails.
    09: Innocent smoothie magnets. LG Viewty. Cosmo goody bag.
    :snow_laug
  • WeeBabyDollWeeBabyDoll Forumite
    48 posts
    10 Posts
    I e-mailed Tigi telling them I was apprehensive about spending so much money on products I have never used and they have posted some free samples for me :)
    Nestle said no, as did Thorntons.