Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

The Great ‘Blagging hints and tips’ Hunt - Page 14

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The Great ‘Blagging hints and tips’ Hunt

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
165 replies 100.4K views

Replies

• Jean Paul (perfumes and aftershaves etc) sent the two samples I had asked for (only small maybe one or two uses)

I think I may go and buy the "le male" one - but I dont think much of the "fleur du male" (just as a mini review :D)

All I can say is merci beaucoup !
    :j
  • 3M, Mitsubishi Pens and Krispy Kreme gave me some stuff :)

Kudos to them, especially Mitsubishi Pens - I'm going to be buying Mitsubishi pens from now on because they're actually superb quality and my handwriting is much neater!
  • kim_leykim_ley Forumite
    1.5K posts
    I hot a sample of Zinco spray which is a baby nappy rash cream!
    http://www.zincospray.co.uk/
    I just emailed saying i'd love to try it and they sent me a small bottle great size for changing bag! Good stuff!
    I'm an MSE SLACKER!!!! Slap my bum.

Been a long time but i'm back.
    :o
    1.5K posts
    Sam93 wrote: »
    Had a go at some email blagging.

Including: Lush, Lacoste, Hugo, Joop. To name some. Will post responses :D

I emailed lush to see if they felt they could donate anything to be used as a prize for my charity event...

They said no but suggested I either wrote to the head office or visited my local shop where it is the managers descretion! :T

I'll let you know when I visit the store what happens!

• sam93_2sam93_2 Forumite
    60 posts
    kim_ley wrote: »
    I emailed lush to see if they felt they could donate anything to be used as a prize for my charity event...

They said no but suggested I either wrote to the head office or visited my local shop where it is the managers descretion! :T

I'll let you know when I visit the store what happens!

Lush said to me they only give out samples with a purchase :( ahwell. I will have to go instore to see what I want now :(

Hope your charity event goes well :D
  • Sam93 wrote: »
    Lush said to me they only give out samples with a purchase :( ahwell. I will have to go instore to see what I want now :(

Hope your charity event goes well :D

Same as, I think it's a standard e-mail reply.
  • sam93_2sam93_2 Forumite
    60 posts
    Same as, I think it's a standard e-mail reply.

Probably, I bet they get bored and a bit annoyed with people asking for free things :D
    1.5K posts
    well i was suprised as i asked for something to use forcharity... i thought they werea bit tight in all honesty!

If anyone wants to attend my charity even for breast cancer care let me know! (its in manchester)

• I'm a photography student and I emailed Ilford a couple of days ago to say how great I think their products are and to ask if there was an 'promotional' material they would be able to send me and I've had an email back today from a lovely lady saying she's had a rummage in the cupboards and she's sending me some films she has found and a promotional pack of high quality inkjet paper. So generous!!
  • How nice of Ilford to support a photography student! I am an art student myself and I have e-mailed various stationary/art companies to ask if they could send me some samples to see me into my AS Level courses. Quite a few have replied - kudos to them and I they shall have my regular custom from now on :)