Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The outcome was we moved house ;)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,619 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Enjoy your weekend :)

Cheers Beanie - the rugby was a bit meh - at least we won, eh?

I have now finished buying Mrs E's Christmas presents. She has a bottle of perfume, a new handbag and cashmere bed socks from the White Company :eek: I didn't even realise that was a thing! She tried to cheap out of them and say that the money would be better spent on x, y and z other little presents, but I managed to talk her round :D She deserves a treat. Anyway, total cost was just over £100 and a few stocking presents that I will cover from my pocket money.
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Goodness gracious! We have more money in our current account than is required for the month - I believe that is called a sur....plus?!! I've heard of such things, but never thought I'd see one in the flesh - like a unicorn - or a drunk Scottish rugby fan being respectful of the England kicker :rotfl:

I have paid £90.48 off a CC - new total -£16,899.99 :cool: I will also lift another £30 in cash for our emergency fund and this still leaves another £20 or so "spare".
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Woohoo you! That is brilliant. I always have to leave myself feeling poor after the budgeting, so I don't get drawn into spending without thinking. I describe it as my complacent smugness filter. Not a good thing. Somehow, by actually accounting for it the money stays long enough to pay the bills and keep it all ticking along. I so wish I had done this years ago.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    Options
    £1.49? paid off a CC.

Work had been going very well, we were successfully clearing a huge backlog of work, only to receive an additional plethora of requests this morning that will effectively undo a fortnight's effort. Bother! :eek:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Totals looking good.
    Boo to work.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• edinburgher
    Options
    Totals looking good.
    Boo to work.

They are starting to look more manageable, now less than 6 months family wages in debt. Take off the value of the car from that (not that we're selling) and it's less than 4 months family wages. Plenty more to do :think:
  • beanielou
    Options
    They are starting to look more manageable, now less than 6 months family wages in debt. Take off the value of the car from that (not that we're selling) and it's less than 4 months family wages. Plenty more to do :think:

But they are coming down & that is the main thing.
    Mine seem to be stuck :(

• edinburgher
    Options
    But they are coming down & that is the main thing.
    Mine seem to be stuck :(

We have been blessed with some real advantages and relatively few real challenges Beanie, you have had some adversity to overcome! We'll all get there. For my part, I am determined to do so because I want to see life after debt :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback