Options

Comments

• takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Takman

You're just jealous and I know why.

I'm so glad I live in the real world and not in your fantasyland.

So instead of admitting when you wrong you go back and delete some of your posts and write this silly reply. Let's have a look at some of what you have tried to remove:

Post #18:
    A tenner a month is quite a bit to a student who has no job

Post #24:
    If you seriously thing that a tenner a month is nothing to a student who budgets very carefully then it beggars belief that you bother to read anything on MSE. Students that study certain subjects and are on course for a First have precious little time to get a job. The car is a necessity due to what she is studying and where she need to get to without putting herself at risk. When you have a daughter in the same situation then you might understand, rather than making patronising comments.

Post #41:
    Doh!! In order to pass the current driving test you have to know how to carry out basic checks on a car. Clearly if you bought a 2nd hand car your wouldn't be bothered by how long or short the MOT was.

On my daughters 5 year veterinary course there is not one person who works full time and only a small number with part-time jobs. They also have to do placements in the holidays. So there will be absolutely no students getting a first in Veterinary Studies who have a full time job.

Post #51:
    If you re- read my first comment about her car you will see that she had it SERVICED and MOT'd. She does the basic checks and I do additonal checks when she comes home. Perhaps you get under your car every few days to check everything. If so good luck to you.

Nobody gets a first in Veterninary by your proposed method, your suggestion is ludicrous in the extreme.

Post #54:
    You make many assumptions about the car, some may be right and some may be wrong. I've already told you that it came with FSH at Vauxhall, so cannot understand why you suggest that this might not have been done? Clearly your attention to detail is lacking and this is very important if you own a car!! Hopefully someone else does the checks on your car?

Perhaps you also need to go back to School to brush up on your spelling and grammar. Unfortunately you spelt unfortunately as "unfortunetly" and made several other grammatical errors, which I hope you will be able to locate if your read over your post.

Post #62:
    It's not just about my daughter. Qualified Vets find your suggestion for getting a first to be laughable and impossible. And with respect they are going to know a lot more about this than you or I.

So basically you are unable to admit when you are wrong and have tried to remove all evidence of it. I'm glad you now see that your comments about not being able to get a first on a part time course were very ignorant and wrong. I also see you removed some bits about the car having a full service history and being checked properly, so it's good to see you now realise that the car hasn't exactly been maintained to the best standards.
    It's just a shame you couldn't respond to me like man and admit when you change you now see that you are wrong. I wonder how you deal with situtation in real life where you say something that is wrong and their is no "delete button".
  • 4_Pete's_Sake
    Options
    Takman

Wow, you are such an arrogant control freak, once again making so many assumptions.

You think you know more about everything than anyone else, even about cars that you don't own and have never seen or driven. UNBELIEVABLE.

You think you know why I deleted the posts and therefore can read my mind. UNBELIEVABLE.

By the way, I'm not accepting that anything I said was wrong and stand by every word, which I know to be true, rather than an assumption.

You have succeeded in taking this thread totally off topic by going off on a tangent about issues that are irrelevant to the theme of avoiding double tax. Therefore I have chosen not to engage in your silly little game and deleted many of the off topic posts. I'm so glad that this has irritated you so much, because for once in your life you are not getting your own way.

I hate to think what it must be like to live or work with a domineering control freak like you.
    IF THIS POST HAS BEEN HELPFUL - PLEASE CLICK ON THANKS :j
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow, you are such an arrogant control freak, once again making so many assumptions.

...because for once in your life you are not getting your own way.

I hate to think what it must be like to live or work with a domineering control freak like you.
    Rather ironic, given that your reaction to opinions you don't like is to have a huff and sulk and take your ball away as best you can, don't you think?
  • takman
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Takman

You think you know more about everything than anyone else, even about cars that you don't own and have never seen or driven. UNBELIEVABLE.

You think you know why I deleted the posts and therefore can read my mind. UNBELIEVABLE.

By the way, I'm not accepting that anything I said was wrong and stand by every word, which I know to be true, rather than an assumption.

You have succeeded in taking this thread totally off topic by going off on a tangent about issues that are irrelevant to the theme of avoiding double tax. Therefore I have chosen not to engage in your silly little game and deleted many of the off topic posts. I'm so glad that this has irritated you so much, because for once in your life you are not getting your own way.

In my previous posts i have given direct replies to all the points you have raised that i disagree with. In your last two replies you have no been unable to reply to the points you disagree with and explain why and have just resorted to personal insults. This is always a sign of someone who can't deal with loosing an argument and can't admit they may not be right.

You went back and tried to remove some of your posts. Everyone can clearly see you didn't do this because you wanted the thread to remain "on topic". Also this is a discussion forum and discussions evolve to other topics, so there is no reason why we shouldn't discuss other topics related to what you brought up.

I also don't know why you think i'm irritated. Your the one who seems extremely irritated and actually i find it amusing when i have an online discussion and the other person throws their toys out the pram.

But if you honestly stand by what you said you wouldn't go back and delete it. All that does it stop other people from being able to follow the thread and doesn't change anything.

But it's quite arrogant to think everything you have said is true. So how do you know that everyone who does a part time course never gets a first, do you have a source for that?

What makes you think that you "know" that the car only needed servicing once a year when doing 2000 miles a year, but now it is doing 5000 a year you service it every 6 months?. When both of these are extremely low mileage and will harm the engine if used on lots of short trips.

If you really did stand by these claims then you wouldn't have had any trouble discussing the topics instead of wasting your time with two silly replies.
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Options
    I have an update for this thread/subject.

I did mine online on the 30th November, at the time I thought it was the 29th November.

I input the 29th November as transfer date
    I immediately SORN as new keeper slip (the online instructions do not say you can do this until you are actually past the bit that says you will need form V890 or some such, once you go past the bit that says you are the registered keeper it then -and only then- mentions the "I have new keeper slip" - which I feel should be made much clearer on the previous page.

It also mentions here about the 5 days no online activity, but it does tell you that you can still tax it at a post office from when ever you like.

So I then taxed it at a post office on the 1st December - No 5 day wait.

I now have a problem in that the DVLA think it was transferred on the 29th and SORNed from the 30th....

I can either
    A) Leave it wait and see to see if the DVLA really do care about 1 day where it was taxed anyway by previous keeper.
    B) Sort it out with DVLA to get the date of transfer changed to 30th explaining that it was just a mistake.
  • 4_Pete's_Sake
    Options
    Takman

I would rather listen to EXPERTS who I KNOW and TRUST such as qualified mechanics and qualified veterinarians rather than an arrogant faceless online control freak know-it-all. You are clearly so irritated that I've stopped playing your silly game!!!

Now go back into your empty room and start another argument.
  • 4_Pete's_Sake
    Options
    Wig wrote: »
    I have an update for this thread/subject.

I did mine online on the 30th November, at the time I thought it was the 29th November.

I input the 29th November as transfer date
    I immediately SORN as new keeper slip (the online instructions do not say you can do this until you are actually past the bit that says you will need form V890 or some such, once you go past the bit that says you are the registered keeper it then -and only then- mentions the "I have new keeper slip" - which I feel should be made much clearer on the previous page.

It also mentions here about the 5 days no online activity, but it does tell you that you can still tax it at a post office from when ever you like.

So I then taxed it at a post office on the 1st December - No 5 day wait.

I now have a problem in that the DVLA think it was transferred on the 29th and SORNed from the 30th....

I can either
    A) Leave it wait and see to see if the DVLA really do care about 1 day where it was taxed anyway by previous keeper.
    B) Sort it out with DVLA to get the date of transfer changed to 30th explaining that it was just a mistake.

It's probably worth notifying DVLA that you input the incorrect date and requesting them to change it.
  • takman
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Takman

I would rather listen to EXPERTS who I KNOW and TRUST such as qualified mechanics and qualified veterinarians rather than an arrogant faceless online control freak know-it-all. You are clearly so irritated that I've stopped playing your silly game!!!

So a discussion on a subject between two people who disagree with each other is a "silly little game"?. I'm simply asking you direct questions about what you believe to be the truth but childish replies like this one won't help your argument.

Why do you believe that a qualified veterinarian would be an expert in how many people on part time courses get a first?. Do you honestly believe university's would run a course where nobody ever achieved the top grades?.

You said a qualified mechanic told you that it being serviced once a year when it has only done 2000 miles a year with short journeys is acceptable. I hope this wasn't the same guy who sold you the car!. Have you even done any research online to see if he was correct?
    Also if you trust this mechanic 100% why are you now changing the oil every 6 months by your own admission. Surely if you believed him then you would only do it once a year considering how strapped for cash your daughter is.

If i was irritated and didn't find it amusing i would stop replying. You seem to be very irritated because you are unable to construct replies to my arguments and can only resort to insults.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would rather listen to EXPERTS who I KNOW and TRUST such as qualified mechanics and qualified veterinarians

Seems odd to post to a forum, then.

Is that the room next to yours?
  • 4_Pete's_Sake
    Options
    Takman

Keep wasting your time asking questions which I have already answered. You are not smart enough to make realise that I'm not singing to your tune anymore. You really are a very arrogant and argumentative control freak.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport