We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Savings accounts accepting DD's

Comments

• Really upset to hear that Tesco are stopping the use of DD. At least they have give us 4 months notice...

Like many on here I am sure, I have use Tesco to help meet the requirement of multiple Santander, BOS, Halifax and Lloyds etc.

What do the experts on here now advise?

I have just opened up a Scottish widows account. Can I use this for multiple DD?? like 10?

Thank you in advance all for any help is provided. I would hate to now loose all my interest :(
  • Kate_W wrote: »
    Really upset to hear that Tesco are stopping the use of DD. At least they have give us 4 months notice...

Like many on here I am sure, I have use Tesco to help meet the requirement of multiple Santander, BOS, Halifax and Lloyds etc.

I have just opened up a Scottish widows account. Can I use this for multiple DD?? like 10?

Thank you in advance all for any help is provided. I would hate to now loose all my interest :(

No is the swift answer.

One can have a maximum of 2 Internet Savers where each SW account is linked to single external account only.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 32,744 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Name Dropper 10 Posts
    Kate_W wrote: »
    While not claiming to be an expert, my recommendation would be to read through this thread from the beginning, as it was created pretty much exclusively to answer this very question! Post #1 should suffice if you don't want to go through all of it....
  • das1969
    das1969 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary First Post
    Homeserve are offering plumbing and drainage cover for 50p per month by direct debit for the first 12 months.
  • IanSt
    IanSt Posts: 366 Forumite
    das1969 wrote: »
    Homeserve are offering plumbing and drainage cover for 50p per month by direct debit for the first 12 months.

If anyone does this then make sure you keep a record of when to cancel the cover, otherwise you'll get a nasty surprise when they start taking the normal rates from month 13 on! :eek:
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper 10 Posts Second Anniversary
    ...One can have a maximum of 2 Internet Savers where each SW account is linked to single external account only.

patientperson; I'm about to open SW accounts, can you direct me to where it says restricted to 2 accounts please (I've had a look, but can't find any reference to it). Also, do you have to wait until the first account's been opened before you can apply for a second?
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,931 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Have opened one, will do another tomorrow. Cant help thinking it is a lot of scratching around to 'invest' 2 x £10 p/mth for 0.35% though,, just for 2 direct debits
  • 10_66
    castle96 wrote: »
    Have opened one, will do another tomorrow. Cant help thinking it is a lot of scratching around to 'invest' 2 x £10 p/mth for 0.35% though,, just for 2 direct debits

I know, it's getting ridiculous now :(
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 22 November 2017 at 1:14AM
    castle96 wrote: »
    I haven't seen it either, but I've had an email apologising for taking an age to open, and in passing, telling me it's 2 maximum.
    I haven't tested their defences...

"Unfortunately a system issue occurred and caused delay in the setting up and opening of your accounts. I can confirm that this has been rectified now and your accounts have been opened.

I would be grateful if you could confirm as soon as possible whether you wish this accounts to remain open. I would also be grateful if you can confirm that your subsequent payment of £10.00 should be initiated with effect from a suitable date in December.

Please note that you are permitted to have no more than 2 Internet Saver accounts open per customer at any given time."

Cut & paste - so errors are SW's.
  • 10_66
    Thanks for the above soulsaver.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.