IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Train Station "PenaltyCN"

Options

Comments

• Hockey27
    Hockey27 Posts: 87 Forumite
    edited 18 January 2018 at 9:44PM
    Options
    @ Pappa Golf - Details were obtained via the DVLA

@ Redx - I thought that had been resolved recently

I have information written regards a complaint to the DVLA/ BPA, and I'm aware that it has been suggested I write to them, but my question revolves around when. Since the rejection letter I have added a further 4 points to the list of potential breaches. So do I send multiple letters or just the one??

I'm also gearing up for the 6 month marathon but hoping it could get quashed at POPLA stage
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the POPLA website mentions the removal on 18 sept 2017

https://popla.co.uk/byelaws

it says updates will be posted if things change

there are no updates on the BPA site nor the POPLA site

I have not seen any changes to this directive since that date, so I assume it remains their position and that no POPLA codes will be issued for bylaws issues

and as umkomaas says , POFA makes no mention of POPLA or POPLA codes
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hockey27 wrote: »
    @ Pappa Golf - Details were obtained via the DVLA

@ Redx - I thought that had been resolved recently

I have information written regards a complaint to the DVLA/ BPA, and I'm aware that it has been suggested I write to them, but my question revolves around when. Since the rejection letter I have added a further 4 points to the list of potential breaches. So do I send multiple letters or just the one??

I'm also gearing up for the 6 month marathon but hoping it could get quashed at POPLA stage

the question to the DVLA , is not only when they got your details , but by what method

v888/1 for general public

v888/2 for companies not involved with parking

v888/3 and ele tronic , ONLY to be used by parking companies for PARKING offences

as they have no authority to prossess a charge on this site , why have they lied to the DVLA? they have not only claimed its a parking charge , but have stated that they have authority to act .

also: all companies that are members of a AOS MUST , repeat MUST offer an independent appeal system , as written into POFa2012
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Hockey27
    Options
    Thanks Pappa Golf!!

Think there in lies the basis of the letter to the DVLA which I will send in shortly! I presume what you are getting at is that if my details were requested for a PARKING offence, they cannot chase me for a BYELAW offence?

I want to hang on to the BPA one for now to make sure I include everything on there!
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    v888/3 ONLY for parking offences , on land that they have authorization for , and by doing so they MUST offer a appeal system , no appeal - no details from DVLA
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Hockey27
    edited 20 January 2018 at 5:18PM
    Options
    About to send this to the DVLA...

Dear Mr Dunford

I am writing to you as the registered keeper of VRM: XXXXXXXX. On the XX December 2017 I received a NTK from "Parking CSL” relating to a Penalty Charge Notice. I have subsequently appealed the charge as the Registered Keeper and received a rejection letter that was nothing more than copy and paste template that made no mention of the grounds of appeal indicated.

Within the rejection letter there is no mention, nor any indication of a POPLA code which was duly requested by myself, but more worryingly, no 3rd party appeals process was offered to me which is a requirement of KADOE. I would also like to make note that I have identified no less than 8 other potential breaches of the BPA codes of practice by this company. Furthermore, the land in question is covered by bylaws and therefore which raises 2 issues;-

1) "It is not relevant land"
    2) The company in question are impersonating a level of authority they don't have - BPA CoC 14.1

At this time I would like to request from you the following information;-

- When my details were requested
    - How they were requested
    - Under what grounds they were requested
    - What documentation and proof was provided
    - What proof was provided to show authority on the land.

I put it to you that by their actions, they have wilfully lied to you by deeming this to be a parking charge, as well as claiming to have authority to operate on this site. Taking this in to account I request that you confirm to me what action you will now take, namely that they will be suspended from KADOE whilst further investigations are carried out.

Regards

Thanks everyone!
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You didn't mention that byelaws applied and therefore this is non relevant land, nor did you mention that the scammer was impersonating an "authority" in order to claim monies to which they are not entitled.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    You didn't mention that byelaws applied and therefore this is non relevant land, nor did you mention that the scammer was impersonating an "authority" in order to claim monies to which they are not entitled.

NO at this point a nice simple letter to general ewnquires

Example Letter

[Your Address]

DVLA Vehicle Record Enquiries section

Longview Road

Morriston

Swansea

SA99 1AJ

Dear Sirs

Re: VRM AB12 XYZ

As the Registered Keeper of the above VRM could you advise who has accessed my personal details with regards to this marque, how often and when did the DVLA send the keeper details out. also by what method did they use and the reason for asking for this information Please advise the information with regards to events between xx/xx/xx/ and xx/xx/xx.

I understand there is no charge for this information and look forward to your speedy reply.

Yours faithfully

once the reply is recieved , it will hopefully show that they used the electronic link , whilst stating a parking charge , on relevant land

you can then fire back to Mr dunsford asking WHY info was given to a BPA company , but no independent appeal offered (as per POFa2012)

then when he replies , in for the kill ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

lets get this stopped ! those companies are lieing to the DVLA when applying for info
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Hockey27
    edited 20 January 2018 at 6:22PM
    Options
    Have kept the above info for when he replies but have gone with your template pappa golf.

The next deadline from the cowboys to pay is approaching so I am going to contact again to request a POPLA code as per (post 78). Don't want to miss the deadline for this!
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hockey27 wrote: »
    Added Fruitcake!!

I think "You didn't mention that byelaws applied and therefore this is non relevant land, nor did you mention that the scammer was impersonating an "authority" in order to claim monies to which they are not entitled."

should be added later when the DVLA admit what they have done

"Morton" had a fork , and he suffered badly from puncture marks after being challenged ,

so use this to your advantage , let the DVLA dig themselves into a corner with no way out
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family