IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Train Station "PenaltyCN"

Options

Comments

• jkdd77
    jkdd77 Posts: 271 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    Lets see if indigo (or any other ppc for that matter) try an ncp, and clamp a vehicle at a railway station for so called outstanding debts

There are various Pepipoo posts suggesting that CP Plus have already done just this at SWT (now SWR) car parks, with the police (wrongly) insisting "it's a civil matter", and even, disgracefully, assisting the criminal clampers in committing their crimes by threatening arrest for "breach of the peace" if the motorist attempts to remove the clamp at all, even without causing damage.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I have twice noticed with Thames Valley Police that they are not up to speed with criminal offences and civil matters. Is it not time that all new policemen had to have a degree.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Hockey27
    Options
    Hi All

So, a spanner for the works on this one. I was unfortunately involved in a car crash (no fault) and had confirmation that my car will be written off.

Any history of this happening?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hockey27 wrote: »
    Hi All

So, a spanner for the works on this one. I was unfortunately involved in a car crash (no fault) and had confirmation that my car will be written off.

Any history of this happening?

Why is this ‘a spanner for the works’ (sic)?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Hockey27
    Options
    Not sure it anything will be affected by this?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Why would it be?
    Selling the car doesnt affect what happened at the time, so why would it being written off do anything either?
  • Hockey27
    Hockey27 Posts: 87 Forumite
    edited 2 December 2017 at 2:41PM
    Options
    Hi All, have received a letter through today from Parking "Charlie Sierra Lima" demanding £120 for an unpaid "Penalty" notice, have attached the front page less details.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yxgxv9r0w4wq4f/Photo%2002-12-2017%2C%2013%2000%2022.jpg?dl=0

What shall I do now?? Send off the newbies template and wait to see if cancelled or other?

There seem to be a few holes in the wording, but I guess I should not challenge any at this time?

On a side note - Paragraph 3 seems to threaten that if the car was parking there again it would be clamped

** Just noticed - This is a "Penalty Notice reminder" / Unpaid Penalty notice. It does not state "Notice to keeper" on it, although it does suggest this in the first paragraph?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Does the letter say anything about appealing against the charge?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Hockey27
    Hockey27 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    The back of the letter does give an appeals process.

It says appeals must be received within 28 days and includes a web link and email address

Should the letter state NTK at the top, or is it sufficient to be in the wording of the letter?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hockey27 wrote: »
    The back of the letter does give an appeals process.

It says appeals must be received within 28 days and includes a web link and email address

Should the letter state NTK at the top, or is it sufficient to be in the wording of the letter?

and to Whom does it say to appeal to ?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills