IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Train Station "PenaltyCN"

Options

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You’re asking question after question until 6 months passes

The your final question is: after 6 months have passed can any prosecution succeed?
  • Hockey27
    Hockey27 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Pappa Golf, that re-enforces what my thoughts were! Although I wasn't aware that TOC's are not registered with the DVLA. Is there a list of ones that are?

I think I shall go back to them requesting a POPLA code again, that should take up another few weeks!
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hockey27 wrote: »
    Thanks Pappa Golf, that re-enforces what my thoughts were! Although I wasn't aware that TOC's are not registered with the DVLA. Is there a list of ones that are?

I think I shall go back to them requesting a POPLA code again, that should take up another few weeks!

micky mouse club (ipc) https://theipc.info/aos-members

BPA http://www.britishparking.co.uk/BPA-Approved-Operators

and a list here explaing ownership etc , and also listing number of court cases http://www.bmpa.eu/company_guide_0_to_c.html
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Back in October I twice advised you to complain to the DVLA and the BPA. What were the outcomes of those complaints?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,896 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Back in October I twice advised you to complain to the DVLA and the BPA. What were the outcomes of those complaints?
    Ten days later he was 'preparing a letter':
    Hockey27 wrote: »
    To aid with the case against these sharks I am also preparing a letter to the DVLA & BPA complaining about the operator.
    :D
  • Hockey27
    Options
    Umkomaas. I was waiting to hear from them first, which I have now.

I will look at putting a letter to the DVLA and BPA citing where I believe guidelines have been breached. I will do a bit more research on the DVLA front as to what to say. I would think the PPC response regards data protection would be of interest there?!!
  • Hockey27
    Options
    Hi

When I received the rejection from the PPC they gave no POPLA code, nor a reason why one was not given. I am looking to contact them in the next day or 2 before their deadline (22nd) to pay post rejection.

Would anyone mind checking my message below to see that I'm not barking up the wrong tree, or possibly advise not to contact as they have no voluntarily provided one?

Also, I have been putting together the POPLA appeal as well as setting information for DVLA and BPA letters. Simply, how long do these need to be, and should I wait till the conclusion to note all breaches or send something off now adding to it further down the line?

Message to company......

Whilst I acknowledge receipt of the below, I reject the premise and supposed outcomes. For the avoidance of doubt, I state that the appeal is by the registered keeper, no consent has been given to process data relating to me or this vehicle and I deny liability for any sum owed. No admissions will be made, and no assumptions can be drawn as to the identity of the driver.

At this present time you have failed to adhere to mandatory POFA obligations that you are bound by, namely providing a POPLA code upon rejection of a valid and timely appeal. Therefore, at this time I offer 3 courses of action;-

1 - Cancel the spurious charge
    2 - Provide a valid POPLA code dated from the date of your next contact, not in the past
    or
    3 - Contact the driver

Should I receive no further contact from yourselves I must conclude that the charge has been cancelled and that no further communication will be received from yourselves, any subsidiary company or 3rd party contractor.

I would also like to note that I will be registering a complaint with the BPA for breach of codes of practice, and the DVLA for misuse of information. I would also like to be clear that if you continue to chase me (the registered keeper) I will seek to take court action against you for unlawful processing of the keepers information and harassment

Thanks all
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 18 January 2018 at 8:03PM
    Options
    I do not know if you are aware of this but the BPA have recently removed the POPLA option for bylaw issues pending the DoT to sort out the mess which they said they would do about 12 months ago, and havent (and neither has the Secretary of State for Transport either)

I suspect that this is why you have no POPLA code , nor will you get one either

a complaint to the BPA would tell you this in their reply

you were told by Umkomaas some 2 or 3 months ago to put those complaints in

the DVLA will probably refer you to the BPA or the DoT or whichever government department is dithering over it

PG will no doubt copy and paste the info he has that he has posted in other bylaw threads on similar issues

the main issue here is to get past the 6 months stage for MAGS court

this is usually achieved by stringing it out using email tennis or postal tennis

various posts including posts #16 and #27 and #31 told you this
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    all; postings regarding bylaws can be found

did the parking Co get your info from the DVLA , or did you hand it to them
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    Options
    At this present time you have failed to adhere to mandatory POFA obligations that you are bound by, namely providing a POPLA code upon rejection of a valid and timely appeal.
    I must have missed that in the Carillions (:D) of times I’ve read the ‘mandatory PoFA obligations’!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport