Best put on my big girl pants! my saving for a deposit diary

Options

Comments

• mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Thanks both for such lovely comments. My son was definitely the making of me. He saved my life actually. I was in a deep depression and suicidal when I found out I was pregnant with him and for about two years before that. He saved me. He gave me reason to live. Reason to carry on when I wanted to give up. His dad (the father to both the boys) wasn't who he betrayed to be. When we moved out he became violent abusive controlling and a cheat. I tried to get out so many times. In the end my dad stepped in when ds2 was 18 months old. That day i probably should of been hurt and upset after 8 years together but to be honest all I felt was relief it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. That was the day my new life began. The day I started to find myself and who I was. I've came along way from the young girl I once was. And I'm no longer the women that my ex partner left that day. I've built a new life. A better life for me and my kids. I've since met another partner we have had a daughter and got engaged and now we are saving hard to buy a home together.

My past is my past. It's helped me in the sense I have more empathy , more understanding and less judgement for others. But it doesn't define me.

Life is what you make of it. And I hope that so far despite the past I've given my kids a good life. They have never wanted for anything. But are still humble and grestful for all they have. They are happy and healthy and loved . They are my greatest blessings and I couldn't imagine life without any of them. I've been truly blessed to be given this life. And Im so greatful for it. When I was born I was 'unresponsive, blue and floppy' I was lucky to have an amazing team of nurses and doctors that fought for my life and that is the only reason I am here today. I luckily only sustained mild cerebral palsy from the lack of oxygen at birth.

I think this is why I try to make the best of everything in life . And I try to enjoy life as much as possible.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Christmas and an amazing 2019 .. love to you all ❤️
    June 17 £16,000 debt ~ nov 18 DEBT FREE •June 21 £16,308 debt / july 22 debt free •Original mortgage free date 01/06/2059 current mortgage free date 01/05/2046
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Daily update.
    NSD !! Woohoo

Partners mum and partner came over
    Boys nan visited
    Grandma (my grandma) visited

Did some house work

Took the kids to see santa (was free) kids absolutely loved it especially ds2.

Came home boys had hot chocolate DD had milk

Ds2 and DD are now asleep and me and partner are about to watch a film with the eldest.

Have a lovely evening everyone x
    June 17 £16,000 debt ~ nov 18 DEBT FREE •June 21 £16,308 debt / july 22 debt free •Original mortgage free date 01/06/2059 current mortgage free date 01/05/2046
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Daily update.
    £26 spent at Aldi
    £40 spent at local shop (included 50g of bacci
    :cool:
    We didn't go to church this morning as Ive been in a lot of pain today.

We are now all cuddles up under blankets watching a film.

I've got one more present to wrap tonight . Then I'm going to sit and get as much of my diploma work done as possible . Will go to bed early though to help my body recuperate from this pain im in.

I genuinely don't know where this year has gone :eek::eek:
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Film watched . Everyone fed. About to sort the kids for bed.

A friend has been living in his car until he can move back in with his mum . I can't offer him a place to stay (we don't have the room and we live no where near his work). It's heartbreaking to think people who work there bums off can't afford a place to live or afford to eat ) so I've transferred some money to his account so he can eat this week until he gets paid. He's going through a hard time and suffered a break down. As a result he lost his home but luckily still has his job. He just needed a little help to see him through . I pray he gets through this. I've been messaging him daily to make sure he's okay. Here's hoping 2019 is a better year for him .

I'm also giving blood again on boxing Day.

Now my good deed is done . I'm off to do my diploma work.
  • inigma
    inigma Posts: 193 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You need to get yourself a preppy signature on your posts so you can show what progress you have made.
    06/06/2023 mortgage mort dateJUST BRING IT
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    inigma - done.
    Never thought of doing a signature to show the progress. :)
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    . Targets for 2018 house fund
    April £5500 / total £6000
    August £11,000 / total £11500
    December £16500 / total £17000
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    I hope you are all having a lovely day.
    Kids have opened all there presents and we have had Christmas dinner. Now we are going to wash up and then relax until we leave to see nana.

Love to you all x
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Daily update
    25th was a NSD

We opened gifts (me and partner didn't buy for each other this year.) My dad and brother viaited. We then played tumbling monkeys with the kids . then had lunch. Then we went to see nana. And went for a walk kids took their scooters and pogo sticks they had off nanny t. They had great fun and DD also enjoyed jumping in puddles. We drove home (we went for a walk at the park by my Nana's care home) . Had a buffet dinner which included leftovers. DD & ds1 went to bed. Eldest and partner started building s 3d puddle and then all 3 of us played articulate. (Fab game if anyone is looking for recommendations). It was a great laugh. We all went to bed rather late. But it was a lovely day.

We were going to go to a park or something today but we are all feeling quite tired so we are just going to relax at home.

Today should be another NSD . I need to charge my vape ready to quit smoking.

Oh I forgot a table cloth for the Xmas table so we used wrapping. Paper :rotfl: kids loved it :D

Little ones are having half an hour on there tablets. Eldest is chilling playing his ds . (He's had this for years he's honestly got his money's worth. His nanny T and grandad got it him one Xmas.).

Plan to do a deep clean and declutter before the new year. Which will include a skip run.

Made. £50 on eBay. So that's been transferred streight to Skipton LISA account.
    Had some gift vouchers for Amazon and nandoes for Xmas. So will use them at some point next year .

Will be cracking on with my diploma tonight. Boys grandparents are popping over today.

Off to get some laundry done. And sort through the Christmas presents and get them put away.

Have a lovely boxing day everyone
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Post above says 2018 and it's suppose to say 2019.
    Targets for 2019 house fund
    April £5500 / total £6000
    August £11,000 / total £11500
    December £16500 / total £17000

£600 total so far in our house fund .

Daily update
    Took the kids to town to spend some of there money and vouchers they had for Xmas. Me and dp didn't spend anything even parked for free. We also visited the cathedral Christmas tree thing they have. It was a nice day out but I'm very tired now. I've been in alot of pain this week and going out today has made it worse.

Off to see nana and possibly my dad tomorrow. Work the day after and kids are going to my grandmas for the night Saturday night.

Off to take some pain killers and get the kids food and ready for bed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure