Starting over...

Options

Comments

• ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you DFD x
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • ladymay
    Options
    Well, last night was a lot of fun, aside from my friend's new foster dog took rather a liking to me and proceeded to lick my jeans and try and hump me :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: The dog is a Dogue de Bordeaux and considered to be very small for her breed at 40kg, so it took a bit of effort to get her off me!! Aside from that, it was a cosy night of wine, ice cream and Law and Order: SVU :D

Crazy busy today, just on a quick break between volunteering and a meeting (PAD done), then a gig this afternoon and running an event until the early hours - can't wait for tomorrow night when I shall collapse in a heap...
  • ladymay
    Options
    And collapse in a heap I did! 12 hours sleep and I'm feeling much better energy-wise, although I have a suspiciously sore throat which CANNOT HAPPEN :D anyhow, I got through my crazy weekend!

I had a great time running the party on Saturday - event management is definitely something I want to get back into, I can't keep doing 300+ gigs a year so I'm looking forward to adding a new chapter one the initial business is set up next year!

The pound is starting to get a bit stronger and every day my future savings are going down eek! Not much I can do about it, I'll just hope that it means the UK economy will start to strengthen just as I move back!!

Plans for the week:

- gigs every day
    - Staying in Dublin Tuesday - Thursday with work
    - event management on Saturday
    - PAD every day (another £22 today onto the CC)
    - sort out my leaving drinks
    - set date for friend's baby shower and continue research
    - buy Christmas cards for family
    - ask clients for testimonials
    - message UK wedding client
    - invoices
    - set lists for rest of month
    - book storage in UK for all my boxes
    - learn lyrics
    - check out Spotify and whether it's worth upgrading
    - start working on website
    - work on social media pages for UK business
    - keep on with NSDs, banking and finances
  • ladymay
    Options
    Yesterday was great aside from the HORRIBLE MIGRAINE I had. Obviously I forgot to put my medication in my handbag :( I don't get visual auras so luckily I could (painfully) drive home and collapse into bed - didn't even take my makeup off :eek: I've also lost some weight this past week - bearing in mind I'm not doing any exercise other than rushing around everywhere and I'm eating nothing but junk food, I'd say this isn't a good thing! Need to get my diet sorted asap. I *think* most of the crazy schedule is done now and I'm over half way in my pre-Christmas gig list :j I love December when it comes to work but I've definitely taken too much on...

The money's coming in and I now only have one payment to chase up. I've had a whole lot of unplanned expenditures and I can feel my future savings just slipping through my fingers. Frustrating, I know, but it's all necessary spends and I still haven't bought a single present!! At this rate it'll be cash or vouchers for everyone!

The phone was a massive unplanned spend at £369.99 :eek: but I've started using it for photos and videos for work and it was absolutely the right thing to do. I'll buy cheap clothes and food, my car is a cheap, boring, reliable junk of metal but my work equipment really has to be top quality. I'd like to point out this is a 2015 model so I didn't go for the shiny new generation because I didn't need it :rotfl: with all the PADs it's close to being paid off.

Jobs for today:

- PAD Already done, £5 onto the CC
    - pack for Dublin (and remember my migraine meds!)
    - check table booking for my party
    - shopping
    - LSD (just need groceries while I'm away)
    - update finances Already done
    - gig

I'll also try and get onto some of the jobs I need to get done this week. I'm so tempted to go into Dublin City and check out the festivities but I have a lot to get done this week. I might see how much I get done tonight and go into town tomorrow night as a treat :)

Happy Tuesday!
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    LSD???? WOW spacey ;) (just kidding :rotfl: )

Remember your migraine meds...
    Hope everything settles for you and works out, this is always a hectic time of the year
    You're doing great with everything :D
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • ladymay
    Options
    Haha! Yeah I'm far out, man :rotfl: (Low Spend Day...)

Thanks UncannyScot! The meds are great when I remember them! I love my job so much but roll on Christmas Eve and a few days off :T
  • ladymay
    Options
    - PAD Already done, £5 onto the CC
    - pack for Dublin (and remember my migraine meds!) Done
    - check table booking for my party Still waiting on confirmation
    - shopping Done
    - LSD (just need groceries while I'm away) Done, £10.34 on groceries and that's it even though I saw a great set of hair tongs :cool:
    - update finances Already done
    - gig Done

Another fun work day, had a great time! I think I may be coming down with something so plan is for an early night with Netflix. I'm tucked up in my airbnb (my hosts are GREAT) and I've just signed up to Spotify for the princely sum of 99c a month for three months - plenty of time to see if I want to commit to the higher price for work.

Plans for tomorrow:

- PAD
    - NSD
    - gig
    - call IB (Idiot Boy) to discuss the move and why he's been such an IB
    - experiment with Spotify :D

So little travelling tomorrow will be bliss. Depending on the weather, I might see if there's somewhere local I can go for a walk. Another fun day ahead!
  • ladymay
    Options
    I've realised a couple of things recently:

- I'm relying on work to make me happy at the moment - and it really does! I think this is the main reason I'm feeling so nervous about the move - if I can't make this business work in the UK, what will I do?

- I rely on planning to keep me calm, and not knowing what's happening next year is making me anxious again. So much of this year has been out of my control and as a result I've become a control freak

- This is the first time in my adult life I'm single with no plan. The term 'serial monogomist' could have been made for me! I don't want to be with anyone right now but I'm really feeling my biological clock ticking.

And of course, I'm talking to Idiot Boy tonight which is what this is really about :o wish me luck!
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Wishing you luck :D

You can do it and you will do it
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Wrote down what you want to say to idiot boy, don't let him control the conversation.
    What outcome do you want from it?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport