Atrixa's Saving Diaries

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your roof! Hope you get a better quote. Its good that you can get people in to give you quotes as I am finding I am having to pay builders / roofers to give me “reports” because they will not come out and give free quotes. 

It’s good that you have the money saved if you need it 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks Skinty, I had two cancel on me today, will hopefully come out tomorrow and I can make some decisions.
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    If you're definitely going to be moving and patches are cheap, the money is better going towards your new home.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • atrixa
    Options
    Ended up getting the roof patched for £250. Even if I have to do it several times over, still cheaper than replacing the thing. Second roofer was adamant that it didn't need replacing yet anyway. Main issue seemed to be next door's guttering leaking over my wall, so they've sorted that out too.

I've started doing my 'deep clean' of the house before xmas, so I'm tackling one room each week. So far the kitchen and bedroom are done :)
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on getting the roof patched for such a good price. A house is so expensive to maintain. It's great that you are deep cleaning. I am sorting my store room and finding things i can sell on fleabay for money. I hope you can make some money that way too. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    That's a lot better.
    Good luck with the cleaning.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Makes sense to get it patched. Wish I had the energy to do some cleaning 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • atrixa
    Options
    Forgot to update last month, was a bit busy which was nice! I've had my early December pay today which covers to the 26th Jan, so I've moved money into my savings. I'm now on track to fully fund my emergency fund in March, which is very exciting. After that I'll be moving on to investing and paying the mortgage down (mortgage is higher priority). 

I was stuck in the house with covid last week, and had to spend a bit extra on things like medicine and tissues, but did save cash on things like coffees out. The weather was terrible, anyway.

I hope everyone's staying warm, I expect I've spent a small fortune on gas this month. I had to have it on when I was poorly as to not make it worse, during the coldest week of the year! What luck.

Have a good festive weekend, everyone!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Atrixa it's great you were paid early and have saved. That is fab. I hope you have made a full recovery. Im so scared about my gas bill too. lol. Have a good evening. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better and can enjoy the festivities.

You're well on track with savings and investing / paying down the mortgage will come naturally.

Have a wonderful break🌲☃️
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback