Atrixa's Saving Diaries

edited 25 January at 6:20PM in How much have you saved?
412 replies 26.6K views

Replies

• atrixaatrixa Forumite
    470 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    i might have to try those gels but not sure a 10k warrants sustenance and I have terrible ibs so would be worried to try them on a run 😂🙈 I sometimes just go to the cafe for breakfast afterwards with my friends 😋
    Yeah, my stomach can be quite sensitive too, so I tried one the first time when I was ten mins away from home  :D They are known for causing erm... 'digestive distress' in some people.
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    14.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    My OH hasn't passed comments about them being quick to leave and I can look at the brand when I'm home, if you're interested.
  • riotladyriotlady Forumite
    442 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Oooh yes, the gel packs can be dangerous! I made the very big mistake of trying one for the first time during the Great North Run... spent the rest of the race sprinting between toilets  :#
  • atrixaatrixa Forumite
    470 Posts
    Forumite
    I spent 65p in Mr T last night on a big bottle of pop for me and bf to have with our curry. Got three extra portions out of that meal, so I'm having one tonight and I've put the other two in the freezer. Still have two portions of chilli left, too.

I did a small shop in A!di for £9.16. I ended up having to get a premade wrap so I could get on a work call quick enough when I got back. Should have just heated up some soup when I was on the phone, lesson learnt.
    I picked up some of the knock-off lucozade sport they have in there. I've mislaid the receipt, but it was about £1.15 for four, and while not exactly like Lucozade, it's close enough in taste for me to justify buying again, especially at that price. The packaging isn't great, but I can just decant it into my own clean bottles for ease of use. I'll be staying out of the shops until I need bread. Wasn't keen on A!di's own in the past so I'll go to Mr M for that.

Grocery total for the month so far: £72.78
    14.7K Posts
    Forumite
    At least you're trying different ones, just in case you come across a viable alternative.

Buy a packet of wraps, split them and freeze. Maybe small portions of your fave fillings and freeze them. Pull a wrap and filling out in the morning and it will be ready to eat lunchtime.
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Shopping sounds good. I like aldee for their knock-off cans of “lilt” £1.25 for 6 and their Belgian light hot choc 99p. 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    House sale/ purchase costs to date 31/5/22
    Insurance 2 x £90 Searches £300. Survey £600
    Aiming to retire early age 60 🥳
  • atrixaatrixa Forumite
    470 Posts
    Forumite
    Spent £11.20 on groceries in Mr S this morning. No rubbish bought, but some higher ticket items that tend to stretch for months. I've really noticed the lack of the 'economy' brand items in the shops lately.

Grocery total so far is now £83.98. I think next month I'll join the grocery challenge thread and attempt to knock of £20 off whatever the finish total is.

Later today I need to go for a run, shower and then get my hair cut (£28). Might go a bit shorter than normal. I have such thin hair (genetics), having any length on it doesn't look that great. I'm thinking I might go incrementally shorter and shorter this year so I don't give myself a shock. I have a long bob that could probably do with being a normal bob.

Bf is doing tea tonight, yum :)
    14.7K Posts
    Forumite
    All you can do is adjust meals for what's available, at some point things will settle.

Good idea about the haircuts, downside is the shorter it is, the more frequently appointments are needed. Bit of a catch 22. 
  • ForestBluebellsForestBluebells Forumite
    499 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I have really thin hair too (quantity that is, my hair itself is thick). I’m thinking of cutting my own hair, hair is an annoyance to me, I don’t get any joy from having it 😂 I’d be tempted to shave it all off but then I’d have maintenance to keep it short. I think I’ll just cut it myself a bit shorter
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You are brave cutting your own hair. I have chopped my fringe
    and snipped at the bit at the top back of my head in lockdown when it has got too heavy, but it was a “dogs dinner” 😆 According to my hairdresser my hair is very thin but I have lots of it so it’s very thick 😬 I nearly cried when they said hairdressers could reopen 🤣
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    House sale/ purchase costs to date 31/5/22
    Insurance 2 x £90 Searches £300. Survey £600
    Aiming to retire early age 60 🥳