ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Have the fingers recovered?
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I want to know that too, that sounds a bit bad, Z :(
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope your fingers are ok Mr Z.
    Let us know.

They're fine, a bit tight, but I got a day's work out of them today.

My main gripe is how quick it happened. I went outside, with a jumper and hat on, so not just Tshirt and jeans. I even put boots on, because the snow would be deep enough to fall through the holes in my crocalikes. So my hands went cold - as they would, then they went numb within about 4 minutes, which is rude and unbecoming. Which is amazingly unusual considering it wasn't amazingly cold (probably only about -4C) and the wind had stopped.

Came back inside and they felt hot "inside" and started throbbing a little. I mean frostbite in that time? Really?

What brought it home is when I went in the bath. My hands were saying "this is pretty warm", and then I got in and the rest of my body was saying "this is frigid..." :rotfl:
    I agree that national reserves of stiff upper lip would seem to be at an all time low. When I was digging out our driveway/paths/street around the house, there was maybe one other person on either of the streets that we border doing the same. Normally I'd make excuses for them, but as roads were all blocked and there was no public transport, what the hell was everyone doing? How hard is it to get the shovel out?

If this was the original Beast From the East, you never know, they could have been working from home. I was...two days of 7:30 until 6 and a third of 7:30 til 7 - I was glad to go back in... :rotfl:

Did wonders for the flexi though.
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Except for older teenagers off out to nightclubs, the girls all wear minis with spaghetti string tops, and the boys wear short sleeved t shirts :):):)

The Bigg Market a-go-go... ;) :rotfl:
    Must admit I am nae good at the snow clearing:o:o

I tend not to bother until it has turned to ice. Too many times the snow melts slightly to wet the pavement, and then it turns into a skating rink overnight.

Once it's ice, then break it up, chuck it in the road, and salt.

One unfortunate thing I've found with this house is the snow ploughs smash the snow/ice/drifts off the road and up the front of the house. That probably needs a re-think of the clearing campaign.

Might do snow walls on yonder edge of the path.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,321 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh the joys of flexi.
    Used to have at least an extra day off a month.
    Back in the day!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    Options
    Oh the joys of flexi.
    Back in the day!!

I could never manage that long term. Takes too long to resurrect in the mornings (sometimes afternoons... :whistle:)
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    I could never manage that long term. Takes too long to resurrect in the mornings (sometimes afternoons... :whistle:)

Well this was a long time ago & ex DH & I travelled together.

My income then was more than it is now:eek::eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh the joys of flexi.
    Back in the day!!

I used to manage 2 a month, then I moved to compressed hours, which is its own special hell :o
  • beanielou
    Options
    I used to manage 2 a month, then I moved to compressed hours, which is its own special hell :o

Well at least it must seem you get an extra day off? (I hope)

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well at least it must seem you get an extra day off? (I hope)

It's used to care for DD - one day it will be a day "off", but not any time soon :rotfl:
  • ZTD
    Options
    It's used to care for DD - one day it will be a day "off", but not any time soon :rotfl:

What would you do with your time otherwise? Next you'll be talking about enjoying your time off... :eek: _pale_ :p;)
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Options
    I passed an Audi coming the other way on the way home. All the rings on the front were illuminated white.

How gloriously tacky!
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    I passed an Audi coming the other way on the way home. All the rings on the front were illuminated white.

How gloriously tacky!

Oooh how to do that:p:p:rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure