And now the fuse is lit...

Options

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Yikes ... so o o o .... you're currency trading? Sorry, just tell me if you don't want to be more specific than you already have been ...

No, just a few things denominated in foreign currencies (at least nominally, as so long as the exchange markets are open, you can convert). The old software (Gnucash) can cope with "they're worth $X each, I have 11,10,20 etc, so what's all that in GBP now I've just updated the exchange rate?" - the new software (jGnash) wants to know what they're worth directly in GBP, instead of working it out itself.

I may try them as investments, but it then has trouble with paying for them in GBP, pricing them in $, but wanting to know what they're worth in GBP. If you're careless, it ends up altering what you paid for them... :eek:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Blimey, you're a wonder, Z :cool: thanks for the reply.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • ZTD
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Blimey, you're a wonder, Z :cool: thanks for the reply.

So is Blimey the Wonder Z, some kind of relation to Champion the Wonder Horse?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »

:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    Options
    So, it would seem, that Lidl are flogging Yum-Yums filled with caramel.

Luckily I don't live all that close...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • boredofbeingathome3
    Options
    I don't understand it-but I am impressed:money:
  • boredofbeingathome3
    Options

Next you'll be bragging you're that talking horse:rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So, it would seem, that Lidl are flogging Yum-Yums filled with caramel.

Luckily I don't live all that close...

Step away from the yum yums:p
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Step away from the yum yums:p

Too late - they're gone... :tongue:
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Options
    Next you'll be bragging you're that talking horse:rotfl:

Mr Ed? Or "Glue" as we call him now...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport