Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,168 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    No, but we do have a second little fridge in the integral garage which is invaluable at festive occasions !
    Ooh, I want one of those! Need a garage to put it in, mind you, but it would be so useful!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you're not too sore

Have a lovely day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    Enjoy your ramble :)

Thanks Jwil :).
    Oh no,I hope your not too batterd and bruised today,enjoy your walk x

I thought it was only me who does things like that.

Hope you heal quickly and the Saturday Saunter is therapeutic. :)

Thanks OBL and Cherry :).
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Yes, I want to know how that happens ! As soon as you're really beginning to feel on top of it, then suddenly a vast pile of 'absolutely essential' washing appears. I feel there are a lot of overworked laundry fairies around.

A first this am - the milkman, because he's delivering Tuesday's order as well, left an entire milk crate at the door. Thank goodness he also included the eggs I mysteriously ran out of yesterday !

Enjoy your Saturday ramble despite your wounds. Obviously I'm not the only one with an over-cluttered house.

Thanks Elizabeth :). It is a mystery where all the dirty laundry comes from :eek:.
    No, but we do have a second little fridge in the integral garage which is invaluable at festive occasions !
    Ooh, I want one of those! Need a garage to put it in, mind you, but it would be so useful!

I need a secret fridge too to hide food from the boys and a garage to put it in :rotfl:.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Hope you're not too sore

Have a lovely day

x

Thanks Wannabe :).
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 December 2018 at 5:14PM
    Options
    I feel surprising good this morning despite a restless night and a clumsy fall :eek:. I have a bruise on my leg and the sole of my foot is a bit sore where I gouged it but I feel fine apart from that.

My Saturday ramble was quite good. It was dry for once which helped. I didn't meet stepdad because he's otherwise engaged, but I browsed the shops (researching what to spend my Xmas money on ;)) and had my Costalot latte.

I also spent another £12.80 in Mr T on Xmas food, oops :o. I got two small chocolate puddings :D, 2 x mozzarella sticks, 1 x chicken kebabs, dips, coleslaw and cherry tomatoes. I also spent £1 on grapes from the fruit stall.

It was fairly busy in town, so I was quite glad to leave! I do feel like we have enough Christmas food now though, even for DS3 and his gargantuan appetite :rotfl:.

Stepdad made a lovely sweet potato and parsnip mash yesterday at his Christmas lunch and it was really tasty, so DH and I want to do that on Christmas day too :).

SPENDS
    £2.20 bus
    £2.75 coffee
    £12.80 Xmas food :o
    £1 grapes

I was tempted by a Christmas pudding shaped china biscuit barrel in the charity shop for £4 but I resisted temptation :T. I was also tempted by cake decorations but I resisted that too :T. They were wants and not needs.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I need a secret fridge too to hide food from the boys and a garage to put it in :rotfl:.

A friend of ours has 4 grown up children. When they were all in their teens he installed a safe in his bedroom to lock all the things like crisps and biscuits in, as they used to disappear within hours of bringing back the weekly shop. I’m talking 24 bags of crisps and 4 or 5 packs of biscuits gone immediately :eek:.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    A friend of ours has 4 grown up children. When they were all in their teens he installed a safe in his bedroom to lock all the things like crisps and biscuits in, as they used to disappear within hours of bringing back the weekly shop. I’m talking 24 bags of crisps and 4 or 5 packs of biscuits gone immediately :eek:.

What a brilliant idea Lucky, I need one of those in my life :rotfl:.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,552 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you are ok after your night time trip :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm okay thanks Beanie apart from a sore foot :o. My bedroom is full of Christmas food and presents so is much more cluttered than usual.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure