Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 June 2018 at 7:11PM
    Options
    Really? Is that one of the urges that disappear? :eek:

:rotfl:.

I'm a bit ocd about things matching so if I get a flesh colour bra I'll have to start buying flesh colour knickers.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    DS1 seems to be enjoying his birthday so far. He wanted to go to B3lla It@lia for lunch so we used our Mr T vouchers and only paid for drinks :money:.

I topped up my phone in the 02 shop and got a better deal. I'm on PAYGE and for £10 a month I'm now getting 2GB data, 1000 texts and 250 mins. Not bad I think :). I'm going to get DS1's old phone when he upgrades in November :money:. I've got an ancient S@msung G@laxy Ace 3 at the moment :eek: and the battery goes from 60% to 0% without me even using it :(.

DH made a good sale yesterday so I've agreed he can upgrade his iPhone. He's got an iPhone 5C at the moment which he got free from a friend and which is no longer supported. So he's going to get an iPhone 8. We feel it's a legitimate business expense as it will impress clients when he's in sales meetings (or at least not put them off :o).

I feel tired again today as I didn't sleep very well last night (my feet were hurting), so I want an early night tonight.

Have a good evening everyone :).
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 12 June 2018 at 7:16PM
    Options
    Really? Is that one of the urges that disappear? :eek:

Maybe 'urge' was the wrong word;). At my venerable age though when only me (or any medics if I'm unlucky enough to get run over by the proverbial bus:rotfl:) is likely to see my undies I don't mind how mismatched they are.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have an iphone 5 something othery & it is still supported.
    DS has said it wont be supported for long :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad your DS1 has had a good day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Glad your DS1 has had a good day :)

Thanks Beanie :)
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Hairy - glad DS enjoyed his birthday - and lovely that both boys bought you and hubby a present from Iceland - you're such good parents.

Not heard of Wowcamera so can't be of help here I'm afraid. Re the underwear debate, i only buy either black or skin tone coloured undies now. Agree with others that white underwear shows through white clothing and keeping the undies pure white is a pain too! I always get my undies from M&S and they sell some nice lace skin tone bras too.

Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thank you SSG for your kind words :).

I'm totally sold on the idea of a skin coloured bra now :).
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 June 2018 at 4:53AM
    Options
    After being at a private dance MANY years ago (about 1975) with alot of friends I swore off white underwear. I had a full length underskirt & non-white underwear but skirt needed an underskirt so no problem. A friend had a waist underskirt & flesh coloured underwear. Another friend had a darker top & light coloured skirt & white knickers. I first knew she had white ones because the lights in the room made it glaringly obvious to absolutely everyone who was looking in her direction.

As I was runner up to her beauty queen (yes I'd won the year before) you can imagine everyone was looking. We all circled around her & made for the cloakroom. Talk about all change, I removed my full length slip, which she needed, but then I had underwear (knickers obviously) that could be seen, so the friend with the waist slip removed her's so that I could have it. And there we were all decent. And about 6 women (well 20-30 year olds) who were never going to buy white underwear ever again.

That was in the days when 18 plus didn't mean going on foreign holidays & getting whatever (that was 18-30 not 18 plus). I really missed turning 31 & having to leave - the only social life I have ever really known that didn't depend on having some person as an "attachment".
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh dear - your post has brought back the memories of the 1970s ultraviolet disco lighting! Anything you wore that was white glowed with a brilliant incandescent light! The good thing about it was that it gave you the appearance of a two weeks in the Bahamas tan, plus gleaming white teeth! :rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business