Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I can't believe your boys are coming home on Wednesday. It doesn't seem long since you were worried about them getting off alright. I bet they've had a wonderful and memorable time. So nice for siblings to get on well and enjoy holidays together:j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,644 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    That has been quick.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    Sorry about the wedding, at least you got to see some pics nice and quickly.

I hope the DS's are having a good time. I did a bungee jump while I was in Canada. I told my parents after the event :D:D

Glad you had a good day yesterday :)

Bunjee jumping :eek::eek::eek:
    I can't believe your boys are coming home on Wednesday. It doesn't seem long since you were worried about them getting off alright. I bet they've had a wonderful and memorable time. So nice for siblings to get on well and enjoy holidays together:j
    beanielou wrote: »
    That has been quick.

It's felt like a long time to me, I feel like I haven't seen them for ages :(. It's their last day tomorrow. I wonder if they feel sad or whether they're looking forward to coming home.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I feel like I've had a very boring day today. Apart from popping out to get decaff teabags and a bottle of water at Mr M and posting a card, we've been in the office all day working. I'm not a fan of Mondays.

Tomorrow DH has an appointment with the diabetes nurse and in the afternoon he's going to the hospital about the results of all the tests he's had recently. In between he'll try and get some work done!

I had a 50p PA survey today but no other surveys. PA seems a bit quiet at the moment.

It's been quite hot today and sunny, but then rained a bit late afternoon. I think the weather is going to be good this week though generally :).

Thst was a boring update! I hope everyone else has had a more exciting day :).
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope DH's results are ok.

I Don't Like Mondays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koBjxpezokg
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope DH's results are ok.

I Don't Like Mondays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koBjxpezokg

I won't start shooting people though :rotfl:. Doesn't Bob Geldoff look young in that picture!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad :rotfl:

Mr G looks young indeed.

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wow that took a while to catch up :rotfl:

Hope DH results are all good.

Sounds like DS's had a wonderful time

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thanks Wannabe nice to hear from you :).
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bunjee jumping :eek::eek::eek:

Haha it was amazing!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing