IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

National Parking Enforcement ( NPE ) £60(£100) for 4 minutes! The battle begins

Options

Comments

• stickitupyourjumper
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    I'd take out 'or advice', as it opens the door for them to say, 'Please take it up with the parking company ........'.

Just leave them with an expectation that they, the landowner, should intervene (with direct action).

Excellent stuff. Done. I will send via signed for on Monday. Thank you for your help.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I will send via signed for on Monday.
    When sending stuff to either a PPC or their solicitor, never use any service that requires a signature.

All that does is allow the intended recipient to refuse to sign and then all you have is proof of non-delivery. Not quite what you want.

Send it using standard First Class post getting a free Certificate of Posting from the Post Office counter.
    It is deemed delivered two working days later.
  • stickitupyourjumper
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    When sending stuff to either a PPC or their solicitor, never use any service that requires a signature.

All that does is allow the intended recipient to refuse to sign and then all you have is proof of non-delivery. Not quite what you want.

Send it using standard First Class post getting a free Certificate of Posting from the Post Office counter.
    It is deemed delivered two working days later.

Wow. Excellent. Thank you.
  • stickitupyourjumper
    stickitupyourjumper Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 24 January 2019 at 6:59PM
    Options
    UPDATE:

So I heard back from Gladstones. It seemed like a template letter. Extended my time a month and said that I had to 'pay or reply by that date'. Refused my request not to process the data.

I heard back from the property owner by email. As follows:

'I am sorry but we no longer have any responsibility on the running of the Car Park, it is now Leased to NPE Car Parks. I can provide their email address which is xxxx'

Seems like a bit of a cop out.

I am tempted to email them back and reaffirm my position. I.e. they may well have leased it to NPE, but they are still the property owner. Perhaps imply that I will seek compensation and damages from them as the OWNER, regardless of the lease, shoud proceedings continue.

What do I do with Gladtones?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I am tempted to email them back and reaffirm my position. I.e. they may well have leased it to NPE, but they are still the property owner.
    Check with the local authority and ask who pays the non domestic rate on the car park. That will confirm or otherwise the veracity of the property owner's statement.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It may not be actually leased, so that is worth establishing.

And the landowner should be ashamed for letting NPE infest any site. Nasty ex clampers.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    edited 24 January 2019 at 7:31PM
    Options
    The other point on this is if there has been a porkie, it means the owner isn't going to help you, so go on the attack.

As you have written evidence that NPE lease the car park from the owner, you report that to the LA (enclosing your evidence) and report that NPE are running a profit making business from the car park.

Suspected fob-off lines should be challenged, and if incorrect, the proponent should suffer some form of exposure and hassle.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• stickitupyourjumper
    Options
    Check with the local authority and ask who pays the non domestic rate on the car park. That will confirm or otherwise the veracity of the property owner's statement.

Will the council tell me over the phone if I just phone them up and ask?
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Will the council tell me over the phone if I just phone them up and ask?
    I have no idea, but you'll know tomorrow morning when you make the call. Let us know.

• stickitupyourjumper
    Options
    I have no idea, but you'll know tomorrow morning when you make the call. Let us know.

Did call council yesterday. Said I wanted to know who owned the carpark. They asked for the address, checked and said it wasn't the council. I said 'I know' and asked if they could tell me who the owner was. They said that they wouldn't know that. I asked if they would have the name or organisation paying the non domestic rate. The guy fumbled a bit and said that I could ask the people from that department and said he would put me through. On hold for a few seconds. Guy said that that he tried to put me through, but it was not connecting and he thought that they were engaged. Said that he could give me the numbers, which I agreed to. Told me to call them, but said that he would have thought that they wouldn't be able to give that information due to confidentiality. Tried the numbers a number of times throughout the day. Beeping each time...so engaged or duff numbers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure