What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 18th September?

Options

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 21 September 2017 at 10:18PM
    Options
    Evening all :)

I went out at lunch time snapping for JobSearch and have made over £9 so far with another nine still waiting for approval, I wish I'd tried it before!

I also managed to do a few PA surveys.

I've divided up the (I'll gotten) books between Ziffit and WBB and together they total £51.40 :T I shall take a load of other stuff to my local CS to make me feel less guilty :o

I am absolutely shattered and have decided not to go in to work tomorrow. I have an early start on Saturday as I have a longish drive to my induction and I want to be fresh for that. The induction is 9am -6pm and is paid so I'll have still done five days this week but six would have been really pushing it.

Did I post that my first consignment came yesterday? They look fab and my plan for next week is to get 30 of each type off to Am@zon and then cross my fingers I've done everything right and that they sell like hot cakes!

I managed to sell something on eb@y but it looks like they live in Italy so I don't think this is going to be straightforward (I charged for sending via hermes but the postage is now coming up as free on the unopened listing and £12.60 when I open it. They haven't paid yet but I'm hoping they opted to use the GSP.)

Dinner tonight ended up being a finest ready meal (crab and chilli linguine), it worked out at £3 per head buying two but I'm way too tired to cook and it was still cheaper than a takeaway.

Have a good evening all!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :) ha ha I've been a frequent flyer over the last 10 hours :rotfl:

whoops I've woke up much later than I should have :o luckily my clothes are ironed. Think I'm going to be late today and getting madam ready is on oh....

Madam has a sleepover at bff's and oh and I are going out :T

Small things

* make a marmite sandwich and grab fruit snacks
    * hang out washing
    * nothing to buy :D
    * chop and freeze runner beans
    * take madam to the park after school
    * see if I can get madam a doctors appt
    * drop off madam's books at the library & get some more as near there today

Opps that's all I can think of and I've gotta go!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all:hello:

Thanks for reminding me DNMS I have a library book to take back, just need to find my 'safe' place :rotfl:

Other things today:
    Just placed a meat order online, 5 barginous boxes from the lovely campbe11s food. I did e mail them too as a 15% code I had didn't work as it said I hadn't spent enough when I had. La E worth a look to rival the 3 for £10 in m&s. Particularly their breakfast box which you can get for £10 with a code which is lots of different sausages and a few other bits.
    Ys turkey mince from freezer for tea
    Small shop at sm, armed with list and moc and calculator :o
    DD to free after school club
    Do some form of free exercise
    Quick load of washing out as it looks nice
    Call energy provider to swap to cheaper tariff they have told us about
    Knitting tonight, really want to get body finished so I can start knitting the cowl
    Check see if any of the last of tomatoes can be picked so I can compost plant
    Research raspberry plants so I can ask for a couple for Christmas along with my dwarf plum tree :D

Enjoy your day peeps.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    dnms having been slightly addicted to pancakes and pennies since you posted last night, what do you put in for shortening? Do you use suet?

Wonders off to do some work before I get totally lost in the blog :o
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 22 September 2017 at 11:56AM
    Options
    Morning all :)

I have given myself the day off today so this could be the end of (several) eras in that, if everything works out as planned, I will never have to commute into London ever again!

So far I have had a long bath and am leaving my hair to dry naturally (on account of not having replaced the hairdryer) and I will straighten it tonight ready for tomorrow.

The cats have been fed, I still have one big box of cat food unopened from my trip to PAH earlier in the month. I do need to go there today though to buy more fish food and tap safe.

I think I've worked out how I can fashion a fish nursery from a plastic bottle until the proper one arrives from China.

While I'm in town (and parked for free at PAH) I will do a quick circuit to snap any job adds for job spotter. A few more have been approved and it's now over £10. They pay in Am@zon vouchers so I've been looking at what I can buy with them and I may go for a bulk buy of toilet rolls.

I need to bring the emptied wheelie bin back and fill with a bag of rubbish that wouldn't fit (and allow me to close the lid) thus getting it out of the kitchen.

There's enough clothes washing to put in a load.

Check tomatoes and hope they are all a good enough size so I can pick then pull the plants out.

Load the dishwasher.

Grab a couple of boxes from Mr T for packaging books.

Wrap eBay parcel and drop at same time as books.

Take all stuff that isn't selling on eBay and FB to CS. Do another scout round in case there's anything else I've missed.

Lunch is going to be egg and tomatoes on toast with lovely, free M&S Bloody Mary ketchup.

Happy Friday, everyone :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • La_escocesa
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

A week till payday - £1589.43 in the bank. Used to get paid less than that per month and it covered all my monthly bills so all should be well! Thing is, things are tight because we’ve got to get car insurance soon and holidays coming up. It’s hilarious that there is only £10.35 of it allocated to groceries (because I am really trying to get that under £200 per month) and things generally feel tight for this last weekend before payday. Thankfully we are going over to the outlaws’ this weekend so free food and board. :D I’ll go shopping at lunch to get some bread, milk and make sure we have stuff in for brekkie tomorrow before we set off.

Here’s me:
    Cheapo porridge brekkie
    Leftovers for lunch
    Food from stores this eve – salmon stir fry
    Checked banking/YNAB
    Night in tonight :cool:

Boring really! :D
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I did not read that as "pennies" the first time I looked :o:eek:;):rotfl:

Oh dear oh dear. :rotfl:
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Popping to the shop in search of a YS item for dinner at work tonight.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,147 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Greetings Friday Frugalistas,
    Had to stop my front garden antics before I did myself an injury. I think the sunshine & blue sky got me motivated this morning & I was trying to fit a week's worth of garden jobs into one morning! Anyway, the plus side to that is that if I'm flying around the front simultaneously wielding a weed scraper & broom, I can't be in town spending, so every cloud & that!
    *Free exercise. Have almost hit my 7000 steps daily target already due to my scraping, sweeping & generally prancing about with the secateurs skills.
    *Free plants. Carefully winkled 2 shasta daisies, 2 foxgloves & 1 lavender out of the block paving & into flowerbed for next year. All self-sown.
    *Made bread rolls. Just on their 2nd proving. Good opportunity for use-it-up.......a tiny bit of rye flour too small to do anything with, so chucked that in. Empty flour bag off to worm composter.....(one of their chompy faves).
    *Tried the 'secret product' I'm currently testing (for a survey) in my morning coffee.............eeeeeuuuugggghhhh!! I don't like wasting food though, so am going to make a rice pudding to use the rest of it up. Then I will honestly be able to feed back that I've given it a fair trial.
    *Did a One-poll survey, another Prolific Academic (thanks Dawn & FVD for flagging this up, am up to nearly £8 already & they are very quick to do & a lot more interesting than the usual stuff about brands). Did one Toluna too, which recruited me to go on a longer project for a supermarket about my shopping experiences. Anyone else get recruited for this one? It'll be the 4th of these I've done in recent years & I've done quite well with the others, mostly paid in vouchers, so I'll see how I get on.
    *Pick rocket & corn-on-the-cob for tonight's meal.
    *Update grocery budget to establish exact amount left of September's budget for our final shop tomorrow.
    *Finish shopping list. Almost done but have already crossed a couple of bits off & added 2 household items on, so I think it could do with a 2nd look.
    *Clean upstairs with usual minimal products & washable cloths. I think it needs vacuuming more than anything, so I'll get that done & see what it looks like.
    *Finalise low-spend day out this weekend. We don't get so many of these now that we are supporting my poorly Dad & stressed Mum, so we are going to make the most of it. Probably an NT site to make use of our membership. Will pack a picnic so that while we may choose to splurge a little of our monthly personal spends on a coffee & maybe a treatypoo, we are not tempted back into the cafe for lunch!
    *Check ebay listings. It's that time when they've all been re-listed so many times, you're even sick of seeing them yourself. In the past, we've had this, then suddenly something shifts. I may try a couple more times, then off to the charity shop.
    *Continue knitting for my sales basket. Couldn't work out why this sock has been much faster to knit, then realised it's because it's smaller. Size 7-9 instead of 10-12. Hmmm. Think will do a couple of pairs of 4-6 next. They do look nice & warm (& attractive) for winter & they last for ages. I'm currently wearing a pair I knitted 9 years ago!
    OK, must go & wrangle the Dyson into submission. I swear it'll suck my own foot up one of these days or I'll suddenly realise cat has vanished (not that he'd fit up the tube, he's not known for his svelteness)
    Hope you're all having a productive day,
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,147 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Purple Fairy - Re shortening.....when I was learning to cook back at school, I can remember we were always told 'half butter & half shortening' when we were making shortcrust pastry. Butter was for flavour & colour and shortening was to make a 'shorter' pastry (which is to do with texture/crumbliness, etc). So for that we used either lard or the vegetable equivalent. My Nan was a really good pastry maker & she always used Trex, so that's what I use too. It keeps pretty well in the fridge as usually has quite a long use-by date. I use it for pastry, as well as making oatcakes & in savoury crumble toppings if I don't have quite enough butter. That's what I'm going to use when I try the tortilla wrap recipe, anyway. I wonder what DNMS uses. I don't think it can be lard as I'm pretty sure she's vegan.
    Oh....I should add that the downside of buying Trex is that mr f insists on calling it 'T-Rex', which means I have to endure the riff from 'Twentieth Century Boy' whenever it's on the shopping list.......
    f x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure