Worst Bank / Building Society TV advert

Options
The Nationwide 'poetry' series.

Truly awful.

Comments

• Chalkius
    Options
    Yeah, I can't stand them.

To be honest I don't like all the aspirational sort of adverts. I want a bank that doesn't lose my money, lets me access it when I need to, or is forward thinking. Show me adverts about keeping my money safe or a new app I can use, and so on. Don't give me poetry or stories. I don't care.
  • mollycoddle
    Options
    I agree with both of the above and those Halifax ones are they trying to say you need to have the mind of a child to bank with us ? Cartoons wow that's an all time sad way to promote to adults.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    God - the Halifax ones too - Top Cat, Flintstones and using ex soapstars as branch staff too (lady from Brookside).

Dreadful too
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Nationwide 'poetry' series.

Truly awful.

But I'm fairly sure some Nationwide execs will have awarded themselves huge bonuses for spending lots of money on such rubbish.

As they say, good brands/products don't need advertising.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not for profit, now seems to be an excuse for excessive executive pay rather than any altruistic or charitable benefit.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    The FCA Arnie advert gets my vote closely followed by the Barclays digital eagle ones. I am amazed that they are still advising as I can't believe that they are getting any new business. After all, 4 of their execs and Barclays Bank are being prosecuted for fraud in 2019.
  • jamie_02
    Options
    Since when was Nationwide 'not for profit'?
  • fewgroats
    Options
    Bring back Alan Davis and Howard.
    Advent Challenge: Money made: £0. Days to Christmas: 59.
  • Tommo1980
    Options
    Another vote for Nationwide. I cringe every time it comes on.

I like the Halifax ones tho. Maybe just a reflection of my child like mind lol.

Tom
  • Don80
    Don80 Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The RBS ones on the radio are rubbish too, "we're the Royal Bank for Scotland". But they're saying they work 24/7 to look after your hard earned money. Yeah - you're a bank, I'd expect you to! But, don't all banks do the same? That's why I closed my RBS account, nothing bad, I'd been with them for years, just nothing special on offer and easily beaten elsewhere. Their current radio adverts kind of reinforce my decision!

I quite like the Halifax ones too :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport