IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones Letter Before Claim

Options
hxxps://ibb.co/bZWMm5

Letter i received from gladstones chasing.

Comments

• Rheebs25_2
    Options
    Previous conversations:

I used parking fine threads a few months back when i was worried about letters regarding a parking fine i received from a private parking firm. Gladstones solicitors are on the heading of my letters that i have been receiving. The company that are chasing me are UK Car Park Management limited.

This letter is dated 12.09.2017 for a parking fine that occured on 01.09.2016. It is chasing me to pay a parking fine from last year, and this is my first LBC.

I would appreciate anyones help with this as i am very unsure to what i need to do. The help you gave someone recently that cancelled their ticket was helpful. Just to mention that this company has sent many PCN's out to others that i know where they are chasing also.

Many thanks
    Rheebs25
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Rheebs25 wrote: »
    https://ibb.co/bZWMm5

Letter i received from gladstones chasing.

Now live link

https://ibb.co/bZWMm5
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Rheebs25

Tell this forum the circumstances that led to this
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Posting in others threads and starting new threads over the same pcn doesn't help, and is confusing

You should keep everything in the one thread so we can see the progress:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72389225#post72389225

For now go back to the newbies faq thread to read up on LBC (you only will get one of these!), how to respond and then how to deal with a court claim
  • Rheebs25_2
    Options
    The reason for this letter is due to the fact that i had a PCN for parking on private land, the UK car park management company had taken a photo of my car at 1030am when i had been parked there for less than 3 hrs, it did not state on any of their signs at the time a time limit. The car park is within a hotel and in the hotel is a starbucks, for all they know i could have been in there having a coffee.

Anyway, then i had DRP chasing me for an outstanding PCN on private land. They started chasing after receiving many letters about the fine. Advice i researched told me to ignore the fine as it was classed more as an invoice for parking on private land.

A few months back, possibly towards beginning of the year i had stopped being chased by DRP then i started receiving letters from Gladstones asking me to pay DRP. I again ignored those letters upon seeking advice.

Since then i have only just recently received a letter from Gladstones again (see live link) chasing me now for £160 when previously it was £149. This is my firsr LBC.

I am now worried that i have to respond to this letter dated 12th Sept. I received the letter yesterday on 16th Sept and they have asked me to respond with 14 days. (Less now though as i have only just received the letter).

Please can anyone give me advice on what to do now?
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Can you return to the car park and take pictures

1: where the signs are located
    2: a picture of the signs
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Rheebs25 wrote: »
    Please can anyone give me advice on what to do now?
    As advised - see the newbies faq thread which advises on how to deal with a lbc and how to deal with a court claim (#2 in the FAQ)
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the same concerns were expressed in this similar thread yesterday

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5712562

so had you checked other threads you would know what to do and why , because it was all explained then and has been done in numerous other threads on here too

I can assure you that very little being discussed on here is "new" , its the same old , same old being reproduced on a daily basis

so if the reference starts with a 1 (and not a 3) , you follow the rebuttal to an LBC advice from post #2 of the NEWBIES thread

if unsure what to write , use the forum search box, put in suitable search words and find similar posts and threads and plagiarise their rebuttals/denials to draft one of your own
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Try to engage them in some letters/emails first to head them off this month, to delay the claim until after 1st October:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73134545#post73134545

After that date they'll find their robo-claims much harder. So engage them this month, in requests for photos and evidence, all sorts, reply to everything they send, asking something else, asking what the reason for the charge was and how the sum is calculated, seeing as it appears to bear no relation to any parking tariff.

Ask for copies of all letters sent, and photos of the signs. Keep Gladstones busy and reply again and again.

Complain to your MP about them as well, and ask the MP to support the Bill going through Parliament in 2018:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73128070#post73128070

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73048725#post73048725

Then come back, fired up, when you get your claim form from Gladstones.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Rheebs25_2
    Options
    I would like to add that when my car was taken by UK CPM that there were no signs within the picture of my car. They sent me a letter as they collected my details via DVLA, there is no proof that I was driving or the fact that I could have been using the car park to use the Village hotel's facilities.

When I send a letter to acknowledge, would I need to mention that I "hadn't" received the first chaser letters and deny all knowledge, or just send the templates about asking them for proof etc and do as the LBC states and acknowledge it.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure