🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Moneysaverme
    Options
    Hi all,

I've been a bit absent due to being in agony with a bad back. Managed to get on the scales today and have lost 1.5 lbs this week.

I also posted my last weeks loss of 1 lb[/ but maybe you missed it Kathryn. If I could trouble you to add it it that would be great.

I'm rather pleased as this takes my weight loss this year down to 30lbs in total, not as impressive as some like Kathryn and SHIPROB to name a few but it's a great achievement and I feel it will be a lasting one as SW really is a lifestyle change. Gone are the days of quick fix fad diets!

I haven't caught up on the thread, each time I try to read I doze off with the painkillers. I just want this to pass as the pain is something else indeed. It's from an old car accident and spinal surgery which has given me a world of issues. Nevermind, onwards and upwards. I'm getting new meds today which might act in a different way. Fingers crossed. I hate being incapable of even the simplest things. Cooking is very difficult at the moment, but I'm going to try to make something simple today even if it's just a pot of soup.

I will try to catch up with the thread soon but meanwhile I wish everyone the very best with whatever is happening with you all xx
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • Moneysaverme
    Options
    Hello again,

I'm waiting for painkillers to kick in before I try to walk my dogs. I couldn't get them out yesterday at all, felt so guilty.

So I've read back, caught up and this is my catch up post.

GETTINGTHERE, thanks so much for the kayak info, I didn't realise you could start off in a pool. I will look into it when I'm recovered. There's no way I could manage it at the moment esp as you have to sit up straight etc and It feels I have nothing in my back to support me.

TIE, I truly hope things get better at work or that you find a new job with less stress. It's horrible to dread going into work.

MRS R, how fab that you're getting rid of your bigger clothes and buying smaller sizes, what a wonderful feeling. I loved your shoes btw.

MAMAN, I wish I had your social life, you always seem to be out and about. Thank you and KATHRYN btw for the medicine info. I'm sure the codeine is making me hang onto weight, I have certainly felt very bloated.

KATHRYN, so sorry to hear you are still having a rough time, I cannot imagine how tough things must be. I really hope the sickness ends soon, it must be horrible for you. Thank you so much for doing the chart and keeping us all on track, I really appreciate it. I hope you manage to find the strength to get through this hard time of year x

ABBAFAN, I know I've said it before but your losses really have been amazing. Really inspiring.

WHIP, well done on joining the gym, that's a really positive step, I just wish the instructor had been a bit kinder to you. I suppose you can always avoid that one in the future if this is possible.

SSM, your lit up boob story made me laugh, thanks for sharing!! When I walk my dogs mine is always down one side and my keys down the other. Why I don't just go out with pockets I don't know!

BUBBS, I made your quiche last weekend. It was great and a blessing to have leftovers when I haven't been able to cook. I might try it again today.

BEANIE, just keep plodding, all the losses will add up x

DENISE, Sounds like a lovely holiday you lucky thing.

WIZ, I'm so sorry to hear you are so poorly, pneumonia, that's terrible. Please look after yourself and let your body recover. Wishing you well x

Well done to all who have lost and hit those targets. Good luck to all those who are struggling for whatever reason. Apologies if I missed anyone out, I blame the painkillers x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Wiz, hope you feel better soon and moneysaverme hope your back is better soon.

Well donew to those with loses. Msm, noted yours for last week. Did wonder about it, because you are good at posting them, but couldn't see it at all. It's so easy to miss them when checking over pages of posts
    Zebras rock
  • TakeItEazy
    Options
    Wi with .2lb loss so recording a STS. Bit disappointed but not totally surprised, coulda been worse though :o
    After a horrendous week, this one has been more pleasurable! Fingers crossed for next week! Also started a sign a long course! His nibs has loved ‘helping’ me practice which has been fun :D

Hope everyone has a good weekend :A keep the faith all :A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Well donew to those with loses. Msm, noted yours for last week. Did wonder about it, because you are good at posting them, but couldn't see it at all. It's so easy to miss them when checking over pages of posts

I'm sure it is but you're doing brilliantly!:T

Well done on your loss(es) msm!:T Losing when you're in agony and don't feel up to cooking is quite an achievement. I get back pain sometimes from disk problems so I can empathise.:)

I'm off out AGAIN:o tonight. It's a dance with a buffet. I'm just taking a big bowl of strawberries and raspberries, possibly mini-meringues and a big jug of cream. So a deconstructed Eton Mess. I'm hoping there will be sufficient salad bits for a main. I finished yesterday on 12 syns so I'm well in hand as I won't need any more after tomorrow. I'm driving to the dance so no gin!:D

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS Ribena, HEB toast, scrambled eggs, squirt of HP sauce (1?) HEA milk for drinks
    L: ham with bubble & squeak and pickles
    D: buffet
    Syns: tbc
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    :T:T:T well done:D

Its nice isnt it?:D

Thankyou, wish i had a flat stomach:rotfl::rotfl: we go away week tomorrow but think im taking the actifry and slow cooker:rotfl::rotfl:

Don't forget microwave to hide in the wardrobe :p :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,984 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D

Moneysaver well done on your loss:j Sorry you are suffering with you back :( hope you soon feel better, glad you liked the quiche :T:T
    tweets wrote: »
    Don't forget microwave to hide in the wardrobe :p :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:not taking it think there is one there, wont miss doing that at TL next year , stopping at my sisters and dog sitting for a week as she is going Spain with her friend:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Good vibes being sent to Wiz & MSM for a speedy recovery.

WI today showed a -1.5 lbs so I finally got my 4st sticker :):).

Spent the whole day either at the vets (boosters!) or at son's or driving to the dump for him .....the carp that was left in that house was shocking! On the plus side he found £20 in coins/notes lol.

Food wise didn't have much until tonight when I had a curry & yang chow fried rice from Chinese so totally off plan .....& to be honest I didn't really enjoy it
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,984 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good vibes being sent to Wiz & MSM for a speedy recovery.

WI today showed a -1.5 lbs so I finally got my 4st sticker :):).

Spent the whole day either at the vets (boosters!) or at son's or driving to the dump for him .....the carp that was left in that house was shocking! On the plus side he found £20 in coins/notes lol.

Food wise didn't have much until tonight when I had a curry & yang chow fried rice from Chinese so totally off plan .....& to be honest I didn't really enjoy it

Well done:T:T:T
    Just seen this, its amazing:T:T
    swc.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good for you, maman, beanie, whiplashy (enjoy that special shiny), esmy, Msm, TIE, gts and bubbs.

Oh, wiz, how horrible for you. I hope you get sorted soon.

That’s an amazing display, bubbs. I like the inclusion of the photo of the coat hangers and the drawings.

Well, woo hoo, a Bairns’ win today, so no comfort eating at Casa Tiger tonight. Instead we celebrated with a hm curry and rice and I abandoned caution to the winds and had a mini naan bread with it.

However, there is a big BUT (no I’m not referring to the one I have with tt at the end, although that is very relevant). I was looking back over the year to see what little progress I’d made – I was hoping for a couple of pounds – and I am ashamed to report that I am now almost 3 lbs HEAVIER than I was at the beginning of January! And that is with going back to group too (I stopped after a 13 week countdown because I wasn’t making progress). I’ve had another bad week and I believe that will be reflected on what the scales say on Monday. Soo ….. I really have to knuckle down – starting right now. So supper will be 1 caramel Snackajack (2 ½ syns) with banana, plus my hexA cheese and grapes.

I don’t know how things will go. I really don’t know how I will turn things around. I’ll be away on a road trip (North Coast 500) in a couple of weeks and will be eating out all day everyday. I have 2 lunch dates and 2 birthdays to celebrate before then too. It’s going to be hard convincing myself to put the effort in to stick to plan when I fully expect to have any losses wiped out.

Sorry about the moan.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills