Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 September 2017 at 9:27PM
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Good for you, maman, beanie, whiplashy (enjoy that special shiny), esmy, Msm, TIE, gts and bubbs.

Oh, wiz, how horrible for you. I hope you get sorted soon.

That’s an amazing display, bubbs. I like the inclusion of the photo of the coat hangers and the drawings.

Well, woo hoo, a Bairns’ win today, so no comfort eating at Casa Tiger tonight. Instead we celebrated with a hm curry and rice and I abandoned caution to the winds and had a mini naan bread with it.

However, there is a big BUT (no I’m not referring to the one I have with tt at the end, although that is very relevant). I was looking back over the year to see what little progress I’d made – I was hoping for a couple of pounds – and I am ashamed to report that I am now almost 3 lbs HEAVIER than I was at the beginning of January! And that is with going back to group too (I stopped after a 13 week countdown because I wasn’t making progress). I’ve had another bad week and I believe that will be reflected on what the scales say on Monday. Soo ….. I really have to knuckle down – starting right now. So supper will be 1 caramel Snackajack (2 ½ syns) with banana, plus my hexA cheese and grapes.

I don’t know how things will go. I really don’t know how I will turn things around. I’ll be away on a road trip (North Coast 500) in a couple of weeks and will be eating out all day everyday. I have 2 lunch dates and 2 birthdays to celebrate before then too. It’s going to be hard convincing myself to put the effort in to stick to plan when I fully expect to have any losses wiped out.

Sorry about the moan.
    It is an amazing display, i have quite a few and just ram them in my book:eek: might take notice and do it myself;)
    Sorry you are struggling you can only do your best xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Good for you, maman, beanie, whiplashy (enjoy that special shiny), esmy, Msm, TIE, gts and bubbs.

Oh, wiz, how horrible for you. I hope you get sorted soon.

That’s an amazing display, bubbs. I like the inclusion of the photo of the coat hangers and the drawings.

Well, woo hoo, a Bairns’ win today, so no comfort eating at Casa Tiger tonight. Instead we celebrated with a hm curry and rice and I abandoned caution to the winds and had a mini naan bread with it.

However, there is a big BUT (no I’m not referring to the one I have with tt at the end, although that is very relevant). I was looking back over the year to see what little progress I’d made – I was hoping for a couple of pounds – and I am ashamed to report that I am now almost 3 lbs HEAVIER than I was at the beginning of January! And that is with going back to group too (I stopped after a 13 week countdown because I wasn’t making progress). I’ve had another bad week and I believe that will be reflected on what the scales say on Monday. Soo ….. I really have to knuckle down – starting right now. So supper will be 1 caramel Snackajack (2 ½ syns) with banana, plus my hexA cheese and grapes.

I don’t know how things will go. I really don’t know how I will turn things around. I’ll be away on a road trip (North Coast 500) in a couple of weeks and will be eating out all day everyday. I have 2 lunch dates and 2 birthdays to celebrate before then too. It’s going to be hard convincing myself to put the effort in to stick to plan when I fully expect to have any losses wiped out.

Sorry about the moan.

You moan away - that's what we're here for
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Well done:T:T:T
    Just seen this, its amazing:T:T
    swc.png

That was on that facebook post weren't it. Its very impressive
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on your loss gettingtheresometime :T

And well done on your win greentiger .:jWish I could say the same. :(

It's really hard to stick to SW when life gets in the way. Fortunately for me I'm having a bit of a run at it at the moment.

I've been dancing all evening, had a really good time.The supper was quite SW friendly. I'm allowing a very generous 10syns. I had loads of cold meat and salad but a little coleslaw, not sure about the way the couscous was made and some orange juice in the fruit salad. I passed on cream and bread and cheese and olives and drank fizzy water all night. :D

Cinema tomorrow. I'm not fussed about ice cream but we'll eat out afterwards. Not worried about any syns though as I have loads left and won't need many for the weekdays. :D

'Night all.:)
  • Whiplashy
    Whiplashy Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Had my nephews first birthday party yesterday. I've been dreading it all week. The food was bad enough, but there was a black forest gateaux there too. That's my absolute favourite :( Stuck to plan 100% though so very proud of myself. I packed my own food, and brought a penguin cake bar for my cake, and it was only 5 syns :A Did get a few comments about not eating the party food but didn't let it bother me. There was 3 other people there who do SW, but you wouldn't know it to see what they were eating :eek: I probably wouldn't have been so strict with myself if I didn't have my holiday coming up. One more weigh in before I leave and I do want it to be a loss.

Congrats to all the losers :j and big hugs to those struggling at the moment. It will get easier :)
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :D
    That was on that facebook post weren't it. Its very impressive
    Yes it was, what an inspiration though:D
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    Had my nephews first birthday party yesterday. I've been dreading it all week. The food was bad enough, but there was a black forest gateaux there too. That's my absolute favourite :( Stuck to plan 100% though so very proud of myself. I packed my own food, and brought a penguin cake bar for my cake, and it was only 5 syns :A Did get a few comments about not eating the party food but didn't let it bother me. There was 3 other people there who do SW, but you wouldn't know it to see what they were eating :eek: I probably wouldn't have been so strict with myself if I didn't have my holiday coming up. One more weigh in before I leave and I do want it to be a loss.

Congrats to all the losers :j and big hugs to those struggling at the moment. It will get easier :)

Well done resisting :T
    Booger what the others thought:rotfl::rotfl: one of my sisters is slimming not SW, well you wouldn't think so what she eats:eek: then says to me you are doing really well:rotfl::rotfl:hence she is not losing:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Well done on the losses. Keep going everyone, everyone's doing really well :)

Sorry to hear you're poorly wiz. Have you googled about the onion in your sock while you sleep I case it helps.

Been on the scales today as going into work tomorrow and didn't know if I'd have time in all honesty. Next week will probably be a Monday or Tuesday as I'm going down south to catch up with some friends. Ones pregnant and the others just had a kid so can't see us drinking which is good but might have a treat or too.

Walking with work must have done me the world of good as I've lost

It said 14st 8.8lbs but I'll round it up to make more even numbers. I really can't believe it's working mind. 2 years ago I went to they gym 2-3 times a week for months on end to slim down for Oz and I reached this then but put a bit on before I went (and 6 months later it was all back on and a bit more) but I haven't been any lower in years so this really is unknown territory lol. Seen someone that used to be one of the old neighbours and she asked me if I'd lost weight which was nice to hear.

Moneysaverme be careful with your back. I know someone who had trouble with their back and it got worse through GP exercises. Try and get as much physio help as you can an take it easy.

Kathryn - hope you're feeling a lot better.
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done dawyldthing. 3 lbs. is an excellent loss!:T Good luck with the next stage of your journey. To boldly go.......:D

That's amazing willpower whiplashy.:T I agree with bubbs, just ignore the comments. It's usually based on a bit of jealousy and embarrassment that they don't have your motivation. You'll get the last laugh when you're at target and the black forest gateau is just a distant memory.:D

I've had a SW breakfast (HEB porage with HEA milk) and I'm just going to have some fruit as a snack to keep me going until a late lunch/dinner after the cinema. DH rather overdid the portion size with the porage this morning so I'll allow some syns for that. Not sure what I'll have for my meal yet. I find the pub roasts disappointing as they pad out the carbs (roast and mash and yorkie) and their idea of seasonal veg is peas and carrots!:eek:

Will report back later. Have a good day all.:)
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well done people on your losses. Think the spread sheet is up to date.

Having off plan days again, but by not pressurising myself to be on plan, I feel I am more in control than when I try to be on plan.

Inspired by the picture Bubbs posted, here is my fridge.
    WIN_20171001_12_17_33_Pro.jpg
    Not quite as impressive, but getting there
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Well done people on your losses. Think the spread sheet is up to date.

Having off plan days again, but by not pressurising myself to be on plan, I feel I am more in control than when I try to be on plan.

Inspired by the picture Bubbs posted, here is my fridge.
    WIN_20171001_12_17_33_Pro.jpg
    Not quite as impressive, but getting there

So awesome :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure