IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Armtrac Security PCN

Options

Comments

• Yiannage
    Yiannage Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Coupon-mad!

I didn't think they could - but just wanted to double check!

All your knowledge / help really is appreciated
  • Yiannage
    Options
    Good morning all,

So it seems they are not going to give up on this one - I've received a "notice of intention to advise client to issue summons" letter this morning including wording such as "important notice of intended action", examples of court cases where the parking operator has been successful & CCJ threats.

Is this just another scare tactic that should be ignored or do I do back to the parking company?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    It's a debt collector letter

Designed to worry those that are ignoring the advice to ignore debt collectors
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yinnage, did you notice my PM?
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • Yiannage
    Options
    This situation is starting to play on my mind & im just wondering how to proceed.

It doesn't seem as though they are going to give up - would their next step be issuing court proceedings? As I'm only the registered keeper - as they found out from the DVLA information request - where does that leave me?

I'm searching around to find out more info on the "worst case" scenario as I am going to see this through - just would like to be totally prepared!

Thanks in advance for Amy help
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    On Saturday the guidance offered was to ignore debt collector's letters.

So what has changed in the last two days?

Continue to ignore debt collector's letters.

If and/or when you get a Letter Before Claim or official court correspondence, post again.

There really is nothing more you need to be doing at this stage.

Be strong.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,112 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm searching around to find out more info on the "worst case" scenario
    That's the rare case where someone loses, like here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74496198#post74496198

No CCJ, no risk, and almost certainly paying less than the debt collector letters demanded...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Yiannage
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone,

This ones rumbling on still!! I've received a letter from BW Legal informing me unless I pay up plus costs their next step is to issue a pre action protocol letter before claim & commence legal proceedings with no further notice.......

I've been having a read about & another poster mentioned requesting an SAR? Is this a route I should take?

Sorry to bother you & have to draw on your expertise yet again! Thank you in advance for any help.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yiannage wrote: »
    Good Afternoon everyone,

This ones rumbling on still!! I've received a letter from BW Legal informing me unless I pay up plus costs their next step is to issue a pre action protocol letter before claim & commence legal proceedings with no further notice.......

BWLegal now sending out desperation letters ???

So, let them send you a letter before claim, it must give you 30 days to respond and prove the so called debt. Then you can respond and they ignore you, it's time for judge to ask them why

Guess they have added the fake £60 claim to which courts have warned them they cannot add this amount and then spanked them.

Our own coupon-mad spanked BWL recently in the Southampton court

READ ABOUT THE BWLEGAL ABUSE OF PROCESS
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yiannage wrote: »
    Good Afternoon everyone,

I've been having a read about & another poster mentioned requesting an SAR? Is this a route I should take?

Sorry to bother you & have to draw on your expertise yet again! Thank you in advance for any help.

So you've had a letter saying if you don't pay them they will send another letter. If you have a phobia of letters then that's bad news
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure