IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Armtrac Security PCN

Options

Comments

• Holylemonjuice
    Options
    I'd suggest sending an email, I would also make reference to the letter that you sent quoting the postage date
  • Yiannage
    Yiannage Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Ok - I will do thank you.
  • Yiannage
    Options
    Good Morning all, I hope you all had good weekends?

It has now gone past 30 days since I sent my SAR and I have heard nothing back at all. I followed up with an email with the original letter request & proof of postage attached and nothing back apart from an email reply to mine saying it had been passed into the dpo?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Send another letter telling them that if you haven't received a response within seven days you will be reporting their failing to the Information Commissioner's Office.
  • Yiannage
    Options
    Thank you KeithP - I'll get onto that today
  • Yiannage
    edited 4 February 2020 at 2:32PM
    Options
    Afternoon,

I have just received an email from the DPO with some information on - however they've said they don't have access to the Pay and display machine as they are not the landowner. There are also no photos. It doesn't state anywhere the length of time that the ticket had expired
    Is it worth contacting the landowner and trying to get the pay & display machine records?
  • Yiannage
    Options
    Hmm it seems no on wants to admit owning the land!! Although i'm assuming they must have photos as otherwise how can they prove the ticket has expired?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Did the P&D machine take a VRM?

They would have to use the notes from the person who placed the NtD. That is of course evidence. However, those notes MUST Have been included in your SAR response

Respond back stating that you want to confirm there is no more data, specifically
    1) No photos taken of your vehicle at the time, showing the ticket on display
    2) No contemperaneous notes taken by their operative who issued the notice to driver.

State that this is part of your SAR, as you do not believe it to be complete and you are checking *before* launching legal action that they have one last chance to supply this info

If they come back and confirm they have neitehr 1 nor 2, theyve got eff all reason to have raised the charge, as they have no supporting documenation at all. None.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Find a landowner from the Land Registry. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Yiannage
    Options
    Good Morning,

Thanks Coupon Mad - I'll get onto that today as they are not budging about the PDT machine.

The DPO did however come back to me with the photos that they had "forgotten" to attach when prompted so I now have a copy of those aswell.

Am I right in thinking that my main argument is the disproportionate fine as to losses they would have suffered due to the vehicle being there for an accidental 16mins over? As on those figures - roughly they should be charging £225 an hour to park there?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure