What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 28 August

Options

Comments

• ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Morning All

Ooh felt a little chilly this morning when woke up, earlyish start as neighbour is replacing her fence and workman started demolishing old fence at 7.30 :eek: wondered what the heck was going on, lol. Sun is shining so hopefully will get out and about at some time but definitely not up to the 10 mile walk we did last Friday. Today's small things include:

Check Bank and make PAD - Done
    Request payout on hubby's TCB - Done
    Make Dental and Dr's appointments -
    Bake apple cake (apples free from next doors tree) -
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter surveys -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboard/fridge/freezer -
    Checked: Luckyphone, Ashleigh, FPL

Have a great day all.

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning all :coffee:
    I had a really good sleep last night and a bit of a lie in this morning so I feel pretty good so far today.
    I haven't decided what I'm going to do with my last 'proper' day off yet - I'll wait until the kids are up and see what they say. The weather looks good so we can be outdoors.
    There are all of the usual bits though:
    Minimal housework (dishes and washing I think)
    Try and finish this blanket I've crocheted - millions of ends to sew in
    Order some cat litter
    Go to bestie's and feed the cats (she's home today so that will be it)
    Nothing school related at all
    Bit of catch up tv while I wait for the kids to get up

DNMS - sorry that you're still struggling with not-nice people at work :( I agree with PF's suggestion.
    1LL - hope you're feeling ok
    LaE - good luck with today - I'd be far too stressed with all of that.
    Ziggy - 7.30 :eek:
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 September 2017 at 7:29PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Sorry you are still having problems DNMS :( Do the notes of this meeting go to HR? When I used to do staff appraisal / back to work / disciplinary meetings the notes for these did, but just the regular catchups the notes would be agreed between the attendees. I don't recall any problems with this, but maybe follow PF's suggestion and ask for your report to be placed with the note of the meeting (if it is filed anywhere?) Perhaps if it can't be resolved you could ask HR for informal advice - this very much depends on your HR staff, ours were lovely and it was perfectly possible to do this.

La E, good luck for today, thinking of you. I really don't miss all that stuff :eek:

I have been quite productive so far today:
    HG berries for breakfast :)
    Cleaned kitchen
    Sorted out freezers and made a little bit more space
    Made apple crumble with gifted apples
    Froze a tub of apple sauce
    Made a batch of scones, made up powdered milk from use up box to avoid using a load of the fresh milk for these :A It worked fine (just tested one to make sure) :D
    A few surveys
    Load of washing in the machine
    Was aiming for a NSD, but OH has decided to go and buy paint for the garage door and exterior wall :( I have been nagging him for ages to paint these, so I can't complain - nearly fainted when he announced he was going to do it :rotfl: It looks very shabby (needed doing when we bought the house 9 years ago :eek:) and my recent mention that I might get some quotes to get it done must have spurred him into action :rotfl:
    Started a shopping list - don't need to go today though
    OH's golf club fees renewal bill arrived this morning :eek::eek:

Still to do:
    Peg washing out when done Done, must fetch it in
    Make a veggie curry for dinner to use up big bag of spinach I picked yesterday Done, there is some spinach left, so I will need to try to find room in the freezer for it :eek:
    Sort through fridge to check for use-ups All seems ok atm
    A bit more in the garden Just cleared up a bit after OH's painting really
    Might walk to sales unit later as it is payday - not expecting much as August has been pretty dire sales wise Done, and I had done much better than expected :D
    Some more cleaning, probably dusting today! The night is young :cool:
    Walked the dog, managed lots of walking today :)
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    DNMS, if she won't change it can you ask for your objections to be attached in a statement at the end as a right of reply?

I'm at work again today for my 'last day' as the CD that dislikes me keeps calling it. I keep telling her I'm back in two weeks but she insists on keep saying it, wishful thinking on her part unless she knows something I don't.

Lunch today was YS mozzarella and a few tomatoes from the garden, I've just frozen four bags of them but managed to find enough fresh ones.

Dinner will be some warmed sausage rolls that are about the go out of date with some bubble and squeak (made with YS mashed potato) and a fried egg.

I have someone coming to collect a FB sale tonight and another tomorrow afternoon which all adds up 30.00 combined.

I must contact the tabletop sale woman to see if she has any tables left for tomorrow, I don't mind getting up early this weekend as I'm off next week.

I might do my online groceries order in a minute while the CD is off out on a very selective, invite-only pub lunch, maybe she's celebrating my 'last day' without me :rotfl:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:
    Thanks for all the well wishes :beer: they were nice to me in general but it was just all a bit awkward. I might need to go back next week too but fingers crossed I don't!

Ooh FVD - I hate office politics like that. I'm surprised you didn't rock up to the pub with a big 'Oh hello there! Do you mind if I join you?!' smile on your face. :D Boo to office politics though - I'll need to tell you about the time I ate a cookie off the wrong desk :rotfl:

Happy almost weekend everyone! :beer:

xxxx
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,218 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,
    Change of plan today, as was supposed to be visiting the parentals but woke up with bad IBS & didn't feel that a long drive was sensible. Going tomorrow instead. mr f off today, so he went out to get the food for our camping trip & I did my usual Friday jobs....big tidy up, baked bread, cleared outstanding stuff like the ironing, etc.
    Have signed up for my first ever DFW challenge......the super thrifty September one, so I shall have to check into that in a minute. It'll seem very odd posting on a different thread, but I notice there are some old debt-busting friends from here who have also signed up for it, so I shall be in good company. I really need a pretty angelic few months on the financial front, so I thought that joining this challenge might re-focus me.
    <Goes off to check in & share how Day 1 went>
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I've already failed the September challenge Foxgloves - I bought a sofa today. :o Nothing like a big impulse buy to remind you of your financial shortcomings. :rotfl: I did get 40% off though, and have needed to replace my current sofa for a few years so not entirely pointless.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've failed too CCL :o
    OH decided to paint the front of the garage and the door and spent £66 on paint :eek: In fairness, I have been nagging at him for ages to do this. Also I got his £50 fortnightly personal spends out of the bank (at his request) as I was passing :eek:
    And spent £16 on Joules shoulder bag for DD2 for either Christmas or her birthday (which happens directly after Xmas). It is in pristine condition, and she will love it, so how could I resist? I bought it from one of the other dealers at the shop where I have my sales unit.

So, I have to go over to the other thread and confess in a minute :o Not a good start :(
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :rotfl: see, this is me over the back with challenges :rotfl: I don't like the guilt when I do badly. Also, if I spend £1 at the start of the day I think 'oh stuff it, it's not an NSD anyway so I may as well spend £10'.
  • Lottebear
    Options
    Evening All,

So far this week I have

- Been to the Zoo, used annual passes, we left after a few hours as it started raining heavily, we had lunch out so not very MSE, but the last treat of the holidays.

- Taken DD to the hospital today, and then dropped her off at birthday party, gift was from stores as was card.

- Completed lots of Surveys and cashed in the points, ordered some Christmas gifts.

- Shopping used delivery pass and used £9 off coupon, filled the freezer.

- Swing into town tomorrow and resit the urge to spend too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure