IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim defence

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You run the risk of the court not printing 20 pages, IMHO a defence that long, is FAR too long! A person might rock up to court to find the Judge has not got the defence in full, in his/her hands due to the cap on printing (depends on the court policy). What if they print just 2 pages.

Ignoring court Directions is just not good, someone could lose due to not filing a WS & evidence and this is NOT how to get the courts on their side. If you know of loads of people all doing this wrong, due to some well-meaning but clueless facebook advice or something, please stop them right now.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've got a defence in front of me prepared by queen's counsel. It is prepared on behalf of two defendants in a complex claim worth £9 million spanning a 15 month period. It is just 23 pages long.

If the o/p has drafted 20 pages to address a small claim, I'd tend to agree it's likely to be unfocused and far too long.

Evidence should always be supplied in a paginated bundle (when required). Coupon is right, the court ain't going to do your copying.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure