Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning!

I slept from about 9pm until 6 this morning, I think I was tired!!! So have made tea and put a wash load on. Really struggle drying stuff in the winter with no tumble dryer and no radiators downstairs! It's ok when the wood burner is on but it's not cold enough for that. Could do with washing the sheets but will prob do they tomorrow and drape them over the doors.
    Off to my nans for lunch today. Will hopefully be a NSD. Will have toast or porridge for breakfast to not use up the milk as I am NOT shopping until Monday.
    My budget is super tight this month. Will put amounts down shortly.

Hoping the day will brighten so I can take the small ones bikes to my nans and to the park.
  • Morning Missy,

Loved your Friday night, sounds like bliss :)

Hope the washing dries ok for you.

Have a lovely day at your nans house xx
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Hey Purple, thanks lovely. I did enjoy my Fridsy night, Especially the extra sleep! I'm taking the small ones to the barn farm place for a couple of hours this morning and meeting my friend, usually I'd say no but I need to say yes more and stop sitting about at home all weekend with the babies. Will cost £20 but I have that in cash in my purse, which so far is unaccounted for.

Have been through my cupboards and fruit bowl, and I have plenty of apples so won't need to buy them! There are still some on the tree too.

So just bananas, milk and pasta, will prob go to Tesco on Monday as prices for those things don't differ too much from aldi to Tesco and I may get the reduced bananas they have sometimes. Just need to avoid costalot coffee!
    Going to spend the rest of my Amazon vouchers on Xmas pressies. I'm getting there.
    Going to make some banana loaf tomorrow, I've got tons of chipatti flpur so will see how that works?!

Right must hang up washing!
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Have a lovely day Missy x
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,522 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Saturday :)

Only just managed to get my washing in before it started raining.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Hey hidden, I hope you're having s lovely Saturday. And nice to see you sun addict I forgot to hang my washing up before I went out :o have just hung it up and put another load on. Have been looking at Clothes airers on Amazon. But I don't actually think there is room for another one, well we do downstairs but we don't often use the lounge or sunroom as they're freezing in winter. Unless we light a fire in those rooms which we don't often so the clothes wouldn't dry..... Might try a bath airer.... Or maybe get into a routine of washing every day, but I don't normally and struggle as it is......

Had a lovely lunch at nans and only spent £7 at the farm on coffee and drinks for me and friend as she got us into the farm for free.

Still need to look at budget....
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I wash everyday, I switch it on every morning once we are all dressed. Then again once we are all in pjs and had our showers.

The bedding is done before we are dressed so goes on first thing about 6am :o We won't count that one :rotfl:
  • missymoo81
    Options
    You're so good hidden. My problem isn't washing it, it's remembering to hang it up before it gets all funky smelling!
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hmm good point, hard if you don't have a dryer!

Could you leave an airer in the kitchen while you're out all day? Or try to save for one of those heated airers and use it while you're out then it's not in the way?

I know it isn't MSE but I couldn't live without my dryer :o
  • missymoo81
    Options
    OH is a frugal monster, a tumble dryer and a heated airer are complete no goes! I have raised two babies one with horrendous reflux, on 3 changes of clothes a day without a tumble dryer! But working and dealing with gym clothes and children's clothes etc is proving a nightmare. I have an airer upstairs and 3 radiators I can use but a wash load takes up an awful lot of that, without thinking of 2 or 3 loads!

Sat watching Trolls and making lists of budgets etc!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure