🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• laurenh1
    Options
    They sounds like good goals :) my hubs away til the end of the month so my aim is to spend as little as possible, eat healthily and use my English heritage pass at least 2x. A bit more vague than yours haha! I was all set to spend a chunk taking my kids on the steam train but my mums volenteered to pay , even better :)
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 September 2017 at 10:59PM
    Options
    Ah thanks hidden! Love your lists. I'm rubbish at them but some things are a given. I will always get up and make coffee and always get the children to school on time, but their uniforms may not be ironed but will always being smelling beautifully clean. Although their teeth will always be brushed and their hair will always be perfect. My house will always be a mess and I will Always be behind on the washing, and we may run out of milk.... I know what I need to work on and what I feel is important. I'll get there!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Little bit squiffy on 2 gins, will Reply to everyone's diaries tomorrow, such a lightweight tonight! X
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Morning, ahhhh going to bed at 11.30 a bit squiffy on Gin and then being woken up at 5.30 By small people is not the best combinatuon! Just sat in bed drinking coffee. I have loaded and put on the DW though! My first step in the right direction on getting things sorted :)
    Things I must do today:
    Change and wash bedding
    Iron school uniform
    Shower small peeps
    Unload DW
    Tidy and clean at least one room in house
    Clean bathrooms
    Put some washing away

I'm going to set myself an hour challenge and try and get as much done in that time.

Trying to be realistic. I want to write a million things on my list but it obv won't get done!

Ok shopping... We need tomato ketchup!
    So list now reads:
    Bananas
    Milk
    Tomato sauce
    Pasta
    Rich tea

Will pop to Tesco in the morning, need to take trousers back to sainsbugs too really.

At my dads for dinner which will be nice, still have stir fry stuff to use!!!!! Will be tomorrow's dinner!

Today will be, toast/porridge for brekkie
    Toasted sandwiches and grapes for lunch.
    Children have already had a biscuit, Apple and banana!

Ooh friend just text and I'm meeting her in Asda for a shop Mondsy instead! That way shopping gets done and we can have a chat too. Need to allocate money for a coffee or two.

Might try making seitan again. I need to get to grips with my electric pressure cooker, I got it second hand and haven't quite worked it out, but I know if I could master it it could save me so much time. Anyone got any advice on them or can you point me in the right direction? It's not a super instantpot or anything just a cheaper version.
  • missymoo81
    edited 1 October 2017 at 8:38AM
    Options
    Meal plan for next week:

Stir fry
    Gardeners pie
    Spaghetti Bolognese
    Burritos
    Chilli or a sweet potato stew thing
    Coconut butternut curry
    Lasagne

I have all ingredients for the above. I'll make the Bolognese in the slow cooker and make the lasagne at the same time. The gardeners pie recipe I found in my nans slimming world magazine. Looks lovely.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    A bit late to the conversation about washing but thought I would comment as I am also in the minority and don't have a tumble dryer.

There are currently 3 in my house (as DS at Uni) plus 4 kittens being weaned (which means extra towels and things as they are still practising litter training)

I try to keep on top of my washing and in the winter that means a load every day if I can - if there isn't a full load then I do a half load.

I have 2 airers, I hang underwear and socks like I would on the washing line so I peg them on. All tops are put on to hangers and are hung from the upstairs door frames.
    Jeans and thicker trousers are also hung on hangers and hang from door frames - I find hanging them helps the air flow and they dry much quicker than on an airer folded over.
    Thinner trousers are hung over the airer.

I wash one load of bedding at a time and as I have 2 airers a sheet and a duvet cover will dry within a day as I hang them over the whole airer so it looks like a den. Pillow cases just hang on the airer.

Towels obviously take longer to dry but I try not to overlap them as this just means it takes even longer to dry so I try to wash a few towels at a time only.

I do hang clothes up at night but as we all shut our bedroom doors its a nightmare so I try to hang everything up before I go to work so they dry all day while the doors are open.

I don't hang downstairs in case the smell of food gets on them.

Failing that I pray for good weather and peg out - I am home from work about 5 so can get the washing in before the damp air comes in.

I have managed for about 3 or 4 years now and wouldn't go back to having a dryer, well definitely not in this house as no room for one really.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Urgh gin. I liked when I was younger but cant tolerate it now. Can't think why.;)

I'll be joining you with a day of getting jobs done but don't forget some you time.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Hi EE, thank you so much for taking the time to post. I hang over the upstairs doors but not on hangers. Small peeps would just pull them down I think. We do have another sort of airer. One of the tall ones with arms where you can put hangers, but I find that such a faff and only good for OH's t-shirts, which are only in need of washing when he's home. I think I will just have to do a load a day. It's annoying as we don't have a half load function on my machine. You're right though. You have to really think as to what you wash when. I can't do towels and sheets in the same day as no room and they smell horrid before they get to dry. Thanks again for posting.

Speaking of washing I have just made small ones breakfast so will go and strip their beds now!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Ok have just sat down to toast and coffee. May's bedding and all the sheets are in the washing machine, I've half unloaded the DW whilst waiting for my toast, I will do the rest when I've finished eating. Will put my bedding in when I'm finished. Also need to do a white wash.... Again not sure where in going to dry everything.... But need to do it today as out tomorrow and small ones are having a shower and hate them getting into a dirty bed when they're all nice and clean. Don't feel much like tidying today, more just doing stuff like baking and writing lists, this will be why my house is always a mess!!!!

Ahh just remembered I need to wash Roo's bedding seperately as its dark! Have a feeling I'm going to be hanging the duvet covers up downstairs on the doors! Fortunately no one is coming round!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Urgh gin. I liked when I was younger but cant tolerate it now. Can't think why.;)

I'll be joining you with a day of getting jobs done but don't forget some you time.

Sorry parsnip, I cross posted and missed your post! I know, I am going for dry October I think. Saves some pennies and I hate that tired grumpy feeling in the morning, even if it's not enough to be hungover, i just hate feeling like rubbish!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport