Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope your day got better!

List looks good :D x

Thanks lovely, I'll pop over to your thread and see how your day went.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    At least if you don't use the bread it can go in the freezer. I used to have grated cheese and carrot sandwiches.

The bananas are a high proportion of your budget, might there be an opportunity to save a little there? Greying pilgrim was saying that Aldi sell as each or by bag rather than by weight. We go through at least ten a week here but I buy the smallest ones in Lidl by the kg and try to get them at 10p each or less. Its small bits but it adds up. If the 'each' ones are cheaper than the bagged ones then could you slice them and give them half of a large one each? That would free up cash for more variety on the F&V front hopefully - 99p got me 15 peaches in Aldi yesterday for example.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Hey Hex2, thanks for the advice. bananas the children eat at least 1 each a day, I've been getting them from aldi, you're right I could buy bigger ones and halve them.... That would save me about 90p!! May have a big old search for big bananas in aldi.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Aldi convert here too lol

I live on me todd but eat healthy i think i would draw the line at grated cheese and carrot sandwiches lol

I am going to pop to Aldi again tomorrow as i am not as stocked on the cupboard front as i would like.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • missymoo81
    Options
    We have grated cheese, cucumber and carrot mmmm
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I live on me todd but eat healthy i think i would draw the line at grated cheese and carrot sandwiches lol .

Reduces the fat, hides the veg as it is grated and actually tastes rather good ;) Nice as toasted sandwiches too,
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Reduces the fat, hides the veg as it is grated and actually tastes rather good ;) Nice as toasted sandwiches too,

Makes the cheese go so much further, my small ones love this in wraps!

At work again. Hated last night away from Roo and May. Would have been ok if I had done something, but ended up sitting at home on my own. Have 3 really good friends, all of which are on holiday at the same time!!! So watched orange is the new black them couldn't sleep until 12, have a raging headache now!!!

House is a tip! Managed to not spend any money yesterday though. Should hopefully not need to spend anymore until Monday when I go shopping. Have smoothie for my breakfast and snack and the leftover soup for my lunch. So no spends there. Think me and the small ones are going to have a play day tomorrow, where I will play whatever games they like and make dens etc. I'll see if I can do some tidying when they sleep. Have really missed Them, even if it was just for one night.

Yuk work now :(
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Chin up Missy you 'sound' low x

Try to have a good day x
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We have grated cheese, cucumber and carrot mmmm
    I put a bit if chopped onion in mine but I think I might try it with cucumber.
    I just wanted to say that I think you are doing great just spending approx £10.00 a week. My freezers are full but I can't manage it due to two people who are addicted to chocolate and biscuits!
    I'd second the Aldi loose bananas. Some of them are huge. If you're buying that many it might be cost effective.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Chin up Missy you 'sound' low x

Try to have a good day x

Thanks beautiful, just struggling a little. Tiredness and PMT not a great combination lol! Especially at work! Have done no exercise either, Need to get back into that, as it's causing my back and shoulder to ache, so the physio said yesterday :(. Still haven't made jam should really do that too.
    Sorry I'm just grumpy!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport