Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just sneaking on at work, day is not going to plan at all. Had to drive like the clappers to get to Work, so burnt loads of fuel, was ten minutes late for work so will Have to stay ten mins later and have physio at 6 and have a 50
    Min journey if traffic is good. Just made everyone coffee and had a snide remark as to them not having time to make one, meaning they're surprised I have as I was late! Hate everyone today grrree
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    Just wanted to say I've really enjoyed your diary so far and I've subscribed 😊
    You've really made me think I need to look at my budget. £10 a week is amazing! I'm normally about £60/70 and I live with my hubby and his kids who are 13 and 16. Xx
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning Missy,

Just catching up with your new diary.

Re the coffee comment, how rude!!! Some people just really annoy me, you will be making your time up and some times these things happen. :mad: annoyed on your behalf!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• missymoo81
    Options
    Rachel24 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wanted to say I've really enjoyed your diary so far and I've subscribed 😊
    You've really made me think I need to look at my budget. £10 a week is amazing! I'm normally about £60/70 and I live with my hubby and his kids who are 13 and 16. Xx

Thanks my lovely. I never thought I could do it, even when I've tried to budget before and I've written a list of what I thought we'd need it came out at £50pw. I'm just building meals from what we have and not eating for the sake of it and gobbling up food that can be used else where, or letting it go off!

Hey mummytogirls! How are you my dear, need to catch up with your goings on! And thank you for your annoyance, I appreciate it :D x
  • missymoo81
    edited 16 August 2017 at 2:22PM
    Options
    Oooh eBay is up to £30 :) with lots of watchers, so fingers crossed! I've come up with a complicated budget for the next few months, which is changeable due to whether OH is home or not. Am going to balance transfer the higher balance card to a different card I have which is pre approved for 0% but only up to a small amount, fees are 5% though. Have £35 credit in there though from my payment this month (complicated I know) which should cover it. I need to do that before the 21st which is when the DD would come out for the other card, but I need to do it after the tax return money hits!!!! Gosh even I'm getting confused. Fingers crossed it all ties in nicely. If I can do as I want to, by overpaying etc. I should have it paid off in 17 months.... Ideally if I can work it if like it paid by the end of next year, but we shall see! Seems so far away, feel sick I've racked up so much debt for absolutely nothing, clothes and presents for OH and the children is literally hat I've spent it on :(
  • missymoo81
    Options
    So far shopping list for next week reads like this. Not sure we'll Need much else to be honest! Poss marg I guess...and maybe ham but not essential....
    Biscuits 24
    Biscuits 32
    Porridge 75
    Bread 105
    Milk 200
    Bananas 228
    Pasta 29
    Pitta 39p
    Chickpeas 30p
    Beans 23p
    Marg 69p
    Ham 1.39

£9.93
  • missymoo81
    edited 16 August 2017 at 3:07PM
    Options
    Actually have decided to not have ham. We can have cheese, chickpea tuna, peanut butter, honey, jam carrot and cucumber or egg in sandwiches. I would rather spend the £1.39 and an extra 6p on mince and put it in the freezer for another week. Dinners this week have been a bit all over the place, everyone has eaten well but we definitely haven't stuck to the meal plan. Small ones are at MiL for dinner so I will just have soup I think. Not sure we will actually use the 3 loaves of bread to be honest this week, I've stopped having toast as no marmite, which is good really, 9 slices of bread a day is a bit much for anyone!!!!!!! :eek: think I may have an addiction lol.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Hope your day got better!

List looks good :D x
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Missymoo.

I have come to visit after you posted on my diary. I did go and check out your old diary which was the one where you announced you were pregnant and i was due on the friday (he was two weeks late). How time flies by.There were so many names from the past on there.

I shall look forward to catching up.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Hey parsniphead thanks for coming over lovely! Gosh really sad that the last time we chatted, gosh that was so long ago. Life is still just as tricky though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure