Next MSE Collective Switch Coming to an End

Options

Comments

• bobstheboy
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Read your contract terms and conditions. A lot suppliers will revert you to their SVT if you cancel your DD Mandate irrespective of how much credit is held on account. Transfers should go through in 35 days but, sadly, some do go awry.

My BG account online says it is closed and my Bulb account is open online and I have had an email stating they are now supplying both fuels. So I assume the transfer is complete or am I missing something ?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bobstheboy wrote: »
    My BG account online says it is closed and my Bulb account is open online and I have had an email stating they are now supplying both fuels. So I assume the transfer is complete or am I missing something ?

Possibly not, but I would still call BG and advise them of your intentions. Is your Bulb account showing verified opening meter readings?
  • bobstheboy
    bobstheboy Posts: 631 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 September 2017 at 10:35AM
    Options
    Possibly not, but I would still call BG and advise them of your intentions. Is your Bulb account showing verified opening meter readings?

It is showing my meter reading, which is from BG Smart Meter, so they can hardly argue !

Your advice re phoning BG is sensible. I don't want any credit problems.

Update.

Contacted BG who explained that the transfer is not complete until they receive readings, draw up final bill and refund or debit funds. They agreed to cancel DD and any adjustments done through my bank account. This can take up to 25 days. Hope this is useful to others.
  • vigman
    vigman Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SgtRock wrote: »
    Martin is really pushing Ovo as their 2 year fix deadline nears its end. I've had a few emails this week, one this morning '..we panicked that it'd be pulled, but it's promised us "the deadline's Friday". We don't know when it'll go on Friday, so grab it quick to be sure...'
    They look fine if you at their website. Cheap, green, friendly etc.
    But, recent Trust Pilot reviews have been absolutely shocking.

NOW they tell me! Was going to choose the more expensive Eon but had real problems with them in the past!?

If I cancelled in the 14 day cool off period CEC says contact OVO direct. How do you then use CEC to make an alternate switch please? Anyone done this in the past?

TIA

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
  • palh
    palh Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    The deal I have chosen is the OVO 2year fix. Not the cheapest but I can't be doing with seeking out the best deal every year.

I have taken steps to try and ensure that I am charged at the Collective Fix rate until my switch takes place by contacting BG by telephone and through my account "contact page".

On my contact page I advised
    Further to my telephone call with your representative today 14 Sept 2017 (12.30hrs).
    I, by this notification are advising of my intention to switch supplier. The switch process has been initiated and I am advised of an estimated date of 27 October 2017.
    According to information provided by BG representative on 08-09-2017 on Money Saving Expert Forum - "prices will be protected until you leave if we receive notification you've signed up to a new supplier within 20 working days of your deal expiring.

When you receive your final bill it will show the change in price after your Collective tariff deal expires; however we'll add a credit on your account to make sure you're only charged at the Collective rates”

In order to ensure that my prices are protected. I am advising you within 20 days of my current deal expiring.

(I expect to be charged for a period at the Standard Tariff rate and then credited in due course)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    vigman wrote: »
    NOW they tell me! Was going to choose the more expensive Eon but had real problems with them in the past!?

If I cancelled in the 14 day cool off period CEC says contact OVO direct. How do you then use CEC to make an alternate switch please? Anyone done this in the past?

TIA

Vigman

Contact Cheap Energy Club and ask them to re-set your profile page:

If you have any queries or concerns, you can email us at energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com. Please include your full name, the email address you joined with and your postcode.
  • vigman
    Options
    Contact Cheap Energy Club and ask them to re-set your profile page:

If you have any queries or concerns, you can email us at energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com. Please include your full name, the email address you joined with and your postcode.

Thank you for your help

How about having forum energy sub-groups for each of the switch companies (OVO Switch, Eon Switch etc)so MSE folk can compare their experiences with the same company? Easier to sort through and more helpful in making future decisions.

TIA

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
  • vigman
    Options
    OVO online account already setup with switch date of October 5th

Vigman
  • LVL_CHG_2
    Options
    palh wrote: »
    The deal I have chosen is the OVO 2year fix. Not the cheapest but I can't be doing with seeking out the best deal every year.

I have taken steps to try and ensure that I am charged at the Collective Fix rate until my switch takes place by contacting BG by telephone and through my account "contact page".

On my contact page I advised
    Further to my telephone call with your representative today 14 Sept 2017 (12.30hrs).
    I, by this notification are advising of my intention to switch supplier. The switch process has been initiated and I am advised of an estimated date of 27 October 2017.
    According to information provided by BG representative on 08-09-2017 on Money Saving Expert Forum - "prices will be protected until you leave if we receive notification you've signed up to a new supplier within 20 working days of your deal expiring.

When you receive your final bill it will show the change in price after your Collective tariff deal expires; however we'll add a credit on your account to make sure you're only charged at the Collective rates”

In order to ensure that my prices are protected. I am advising you within 20 days of my current deal expiring.

(I expect to be charged for a period at the Standard Tariff rate and then credited in due course)

I've switched to the OVO 2 year fixed today as well with a date of 27th October at the moment which was longer than expected.

Thanks for the update from the guy at British gas about the rebate on the collective price after the 3rd. I'll do the same :o
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    LVL_CHG wrote: »
    I've switched to the OVO 2 year fixed today as well with a date of 27th October at the moment which was longer than expected.

My switch is to be a lot quicker.

I started proceedings via Cheap Energy Club on 6 Sept. Had notification from Ovo that I start with them on 26 Sept and my first Direct Debit will be taken on 26 Sept

Had my 'sorry you are leaving' letter from BG today confirming my account ends on 25 Sept. Ironically I had in the same post two letters from BG informing me that I will having increased separate Direct Debits for gas and electricity on 01 October - presumably on the assumption I would be going on their Standard tariff from 03 Oct; with the Collective tariff from BG I had a combined DD>
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure