Next MSE Collective Switch Coming to an End

Options

Comments

• shazzablue
    Options
    Having spent 2 days on the switch merry go round I,ve now signed up with npower through topcashback who will pay me £60.Nothing on the mse board beats it...disappointing!.i have signed up for online fix sept 18.The cashback is only available for 2 more days,worth giving topcashback a look if your still dithering.
  • jmnathan
    Options
    So I received the CEC email last night and it's frankly quite bizarre. Aside from the rather ludicrous claim the the EDF collective is the cheapest of the Big 6 (Ok, I know you have to account for regional variations) it also claims Ovo would be cheap for me. Npower comes out cheaper than both EDF and Ovo.

More bizarre is that it as my usage figures all wrong. According to the email I spend £755/year. If I log in to CEC and do a comparison it shows me as paying £867 so not quite sure when the figures for the email have come from. Perhaps they're as arbitrary as the collective deal itself!
  • barnaclebill
    Options
    OVO is showing as good for me and a two year fix I think is good as I am sure prices will rise.
    Just not sure about the 25% price rise in the winter months that OVO say is more like 10%, anyone used them before and how did the winter price hike work out?
  • Bobblehat
    Options
    I read the OVO winter increase as a rise in your DD not a rise in the tariff rates. After all it wouldn't really be a "Fixed" rate if they did the latter? The implication is that if they increased your DD in the winter (compared to average) then your summer months DD would be lower (than average).

Can any one who is with OVO already, confirm this?
  • superbigal36
    Options
    I'm going to hazard a guess that this collective will not be the lowest quote of the big 6 for a substantial percentage of the members.
    I manage 4 accounts for various family members, and it is the top option ZERO PERCENT of the time.
  • mikeizz
    Options
    shazzablue wrote: »
    Having spent 2 days on the switch merry go round I,ve now signed up with npower through topcashback who will pay me £60.Nothing on the mse board beats it...disappointing!.i have signed up for online fix sept 18.The cashback is only available for 2 more days,worth giving topcashback a look if your still dithering.

CHeers for the heads up on this.

I have just compared this with eon in my area and it is saying i will save £2 a month being with npower (which isn't a massive difference) but getting £60 topcashback instead of just £25 has made me plump for it!
  • davethorp
    davethorp Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    victor2 wrote: »
    So are people saying that once you leave BG, their smart meter in-house display no longer functions at all?
    I only got the smart meters installed to make reading my meters easy (which I do daily, just for my own interest). Back to reading them manually I suppose, if the IHD ceases to function after I leave them.

I know an ex E.On customer with their smart meters and they can still use the IHD to get meter readings.

I think some of it depends on the supplier you are switching to. I moved from British Gas to npower and my in home display no longer functions
    Wilt wrote: »
    My switch from BG went through a couple of days ago and my IHD is still operating - obviously the tariff values aren't correct but KWh and meter readings seem to be working fine.

We'll see if it turns off in a week or so...

Mine kept working for about a week after both fuels switched but now just says "connecting to smart meter"
  • Unicorn_cottage
    Options
    I went for Tonik. Fixed rate for a year but no exit fees if things change. Also a £20 amazon referral fee. Switch date is 6 days before the end of the BG collective deal.
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits" Thomas Edison
    Following the Martin mantra "Earn more, have less debt, improve credit worthiness" :money:
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    Okay, on the back of me saying that I was going to switch to Avro, here are the numbers for my consumption:

Electric annual (EAC) = 2,450 kWh
    Gas annual (AQ) = 7,600 kWh
    West Midlands region

Currently with British Gas on the MSE Collective Fix Oct 2017 tariff.
    • British Gas Standard Variable Tariff:
        Electric standing charge = 26.01p/day = £94.94/year
      • Electric unit charge = 14.43p/kWh = £353.54 for EAC
      • Gas standing charge = 26.01p/day = £94.94/year
      • Gas unit charge = 3.71p/kWh = £281.96 for AQ
      • Total for 1 year = £825.38
    • Avro Simple and Value:
      • Electric standing charge = 17.85p/day = £65.15/year
      • Electric unit charge = 11.76p/kWh = £288.12 for EAC
      • Gas standing charge = 19.95p/day = £72.82/year
      • Gas unit charge = 2.662p/kWh = £202.31 for AQ
      • Total for 1 year = £628.40
    • OneSelect Secure 1 Year Fixed Aug 17:
      • Electric standing charge = 18.554p/day = £67.72/year
      • Electric unit charge = 12.125p/kWh = £297.06 for EAC
      • Gas standing charge = 18.554p/day = £67.72/year
      • Gas unit charge = 2.855p/kWh = £216.98 for AQ
      • Total charge for 1 year = £649.48
    • IRESA Flex4 12 month Fixed D/D
      • Electric standing charge = 13.356p/day = £48.75/year
      • Electric unit charge = 11.445p/kWh = £280.40 for EAC
      • Gas standing charge = 14.700p/day = £53.66/year
      • Gas unit charge = 2.820p/kWh = £214.32 for AQ
      • Total charge for 1 year = £597.13
    OneSelect has little to no feedback on MSE yet, and there's a warning about IRESA's apparent issues with customer service responsiveness on the Cheap Energy Club.
  • vigman
    vigman Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just looking at my Eon comparison prices and see that it has the Warm Home discount applied?

This is not selected in my filters and as far as I know the current collective price is not based on the Warm Home discount"!?

Could anyone explain, please?

TIA

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure