The final countdown

Options

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have an emergency porridge and raisin stash in work for those situations! Then i only need to add some milk and a banana!

that's a great idea ... and we have access to milk in work ... Will add it to my shopping list thanks
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Yay, another name from the olden days! How lovely to see you El, and to catch up a bit. Fab that you'll be MF very soon. x
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    that's a great idea ... and we have access to milk in work ... Will add it to my shopping list thanks

We had a word for people who used up the milk at work for their cereal - I'll not repeat it for fear of causing offence! :D
  • elantan
    Options
    Yay, another name from the olden days! How lovely to see you El, and to catch up a bit. Fab that you'll be MF very soon. x

wonderful to see you also ... how are you doing ? and what are u doing ?
  • elantan
    Options
    We had a word for people who used up the milk at work for their cereal - I'll not repeat it for fear of causing offence! :D

you wouldn't offend me at all ... I know of places where the same wouldve been said ... but ermmm this place I am is not like that ... we don't pay for the milk and there is gallons of the stuff on tap daily , and most people use it for this daily .. so I don't feel so bad using it ... still prefer not to of course ...

today wasn't too bad actually ... a work friend shared their lunch, were working together next week again and I have insisted it's my turn to provide lunch so already planning on what I'm taking in :)

we were also kinda given a supply of cakes ... so no lunch turned into a tasty lunch with cake ... yummy

had a kinda training feed back session today as well ... this was my second this week ... first one done by the big boss ... today's done by a kinda mentor role ... Both happy with my work so far but today's was more helpful in that I now have goals to work towards ... which helps me know where I am heading ... so all is good.

other than that nothing much to report ... was hoping to go up a hill at the weekend ...however it will be weather dependent as apparently we are due snowy McSnow face's sister this weekend ... so we will see

gonna try diary catch up before collapsing into bed early tonight

be well everyone xxx
  • elantan
    Options
    well another day another dollar,

plans for the weekend so far include a weather watch, and depending on how that goes, hitting a hill or getting the caravan ready, also will be cleaning the fridge, I'm.sure I saw something move when I opened the door ;) and getting some shopping in after the inevitable meal planning

I have budgeted £400 for food for the month, this is an on going battle for us, I've done the whole keeping the receipts tallying everything up etc ... but still can't quite organise myeelfbin my food budget... it's like a spectre floating around in the background laughing at my inability to control it.

and saving money ... OMG that is STILL a huge issue

such an exciting life I lead

have a great day everyone
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

In my defence there are only 2 of us in our office and we share milk purchases! Although i feel your pain/rage :eek:
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Have you tried 'my supermarket' for planning your shopping? It took me ages to get my head around it, but I'm pleased with my system now.

I fill the virtual basket with everything I need from T3sc0. Then it gives you the 'swap and save option' you can either swap your whole shop to a different supermarket or exchange the ones in the currant store for those that will save. This might be downshifting on brands, or up shifting on size (so the price per.... is cheaper).

Then, armed with my 'this is the cheapest I can get it at the big store' list I hit Ald1. And buy what's on the list in there, but only if it's cheaper. (Either in real life or for 'price per...')

My virtual basket is usually between £50&£60 a week. Actual spends come out at £35-£45
    It is a little bit time consuming and, when I was working full time with no child I didn't bother, but now I'm not in that position, but do have a bit more time. It's worth it for the savings.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy Friday el & friends :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wishing, that sounds like a really good system when you have access to the supermarkets. It's great that mysupermarket has become more and more useful.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport