The final countdown

Options

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 March 2018 at 7:21PM
    Options
    now that does sound excellent wishing ... I have never tried it before .. Will try it and see how I go, does it do Aldo and lido as well ?

it should be a good help though thank you for the idea ( I've never heard if it before )

hope you have all had a good day, I had a bit of an emotional day one of those things I can't go into detail about but needless to say I'm hugging my loved ones really close tonight and much as I'm rarely having an alcoholic drink I think one is needed today,

but moving on ... Mr el has been back to the Dr and it appears he is now going for another op ( so that's two... one on his hand ... he has dupytrens contracture and his new one for a hernia) and he now also has a trapped nerve, he started trying to blame the chest pain etc on his trapped nerve ... but he saw the look I have him and stopped mid sentence lol lol lol ... since he turned 50 he has been dealing with one things after another ... hopefully he will need the advice given ... but I won't hold my breath

money wise it's been a no spend day and I will use one of my Xmas bottles of wine if I do decide to have a drink so no spend day it is, Tilly Today's done ... but I'm thinking of adding a new wee one, one that I did before and was successful, every day I don't eat chocolate I will deposit £1 into a savings account or visa etc ( will decide that one) I don't like chocolate etc but my sugar cravings can get really bad .... so this wee challenge will help

anyway, I'm off for a cuddle, take care and hug your loved ones xxx
  • elantan
    Options
    decided not to have a drink ... I tend not to drink anyway ...just seemed a good idea at the time

have a good night everyone
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you're okay this morning El, and you had a nice cuddle :)
    elantan wrote: »
    decided not to have a drink ... I tend not to drink anyway ...just seemed a good idea at the time
    That thought process goes through my head *constantly*! Mm, thinks I, a glass of wine would go down well tonight. And when it comes to it, I'd rather have a cup of tea :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • elantan
    edited 17 March 2018 at 11:51AM
    Options
    that's almost exactly what happened KC, although I had a bottled glass of bubbly water by a very well known Italian brand starting with San, I love their water, but will admit when the news broke about the micro beads the other day I did note their bottle was one of the ones shown in the picture, it wasn't named just shown... so I am wondering, should I continue drinking from my glass bottles of bubbly water or just use " Cooncil jooce" which is much much cheaper, however i usually pour my bubbly water into a wine glass and have it as a wee treat.

feeling more upbeat today, I do enjoy my work very much but some of the things we have to deal with do leave lasting memories with us, most for the better, some for the worse and a few for despair aand heartbreak and wanting to hug our loved ones closer. ... but we get there and right now I am happy where I am so that is good.

I thought a wee bit more about the £1 a day for chocolate and sweets etc and yeah I think I will push forward with that idea I was going to use it to pay of debt, I really should tbh, but no I am going to use it to save... I have seen a beautiful dress I was going to buy for master El's wedding ( now cancelled ... and we lost deposits ... not happy about that but there u go) and it isn't exactly a weddingy type of dress ... so starting on Monday I will be back to eating very healthy and using the money saved to buy myself this lovely wee dress

the mortgage has £730.01 left to go, I paid 17p to it today as I wanted to cover the penny plus today's interest and still be below the £30 ... silly games like this keep me interested lol

it's snowing on and off so hill won't be hit today, but caravan floor will be done and rest of cupboards washed ... might also start filling it up as we go away for a few nights shortly.

I am going to have a look at that shopping idea and make a list then go buy some food

hope you have a wonderful day
  • elantan
    Options
    oooh that supermarket website is good... it also has an app for anyone interested in shopping lists.

the snow is getting heavier here so i will have to head out now before it gets too bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlFy7lYsUJ0

currently listening to this ... it sounds good
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Ahhh, I didn't realise it had a website, I just use the app.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • elantan
    Options
    Ahhh, I didn't realise it had a website, I just use the app.

its less strainful for my eyes :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: and they copy over so thats great ... thanks for the heads up, when i signed in i noted i was already a member then i remembered i did sign up years ago but it didnt have aldi and lidl then ... now it does so it lets me work out if i am better off going there or just to asna etc
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    I never managed to get my head around shopping comparison sites....I should perhaps give it another go.

Sorry you had a trying day yesterday. I'm doing ok...just started a new job with a big bank. Early days but no concerns so far. The kids are fine and married life is too good to be true haha. I've come a long way x
  • elantan
    Options
    I never managed to get my head around shopping comparison sites....I should perhaps give it another go.

Sorry you had a trying day yesterday. I'm doing ok...just started a new job with a big bank. Early days but no concerns so far. The kids are fine and married life is too good to be true haha. I've come a long way x

It was quite helpful in the sense it allows you to see how much the other shops charge, before when i joined it we didnt live near an aldi or a lidl so i was looking to see if it was worth our while travelling to one of the two shops, it invariably wasnt, but times move on and lidl have opened more shops and the website has now added them to their comparison shops, so today it was an opportunity to see if it was worth our while, it worked out less than £5 cheaper, but we were heading that way anyway so was worth our while.

delighted to hear the kids are doing good and married life is enjoyable ... you have came a long way, thats one of the beauties about this place, we get to follow each other through the ups and downs and become a family, in some cases a better family than the one we have in real life. how you liking working in the banking sector? is it different from before?

well shopping done, £65 in lidl and £59.80 in the butchers, gulp, I think I may need to review my £400 a month budget, how much to go up to though?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry about master El's wedding.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure