The final countdown

Options

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cheers Beanie ... it's for the best tbh they are still together/ not together so we will see where it goes ... I certainly won't be paying for those deposits again that's for sure ...
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Loved that tune that you shared el.
    Havent heard of them before
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Also el, sorry to be blunt but 400 quid for the two of you is a lot of money for food.
    Are you really thinking of increasing it?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• elantan
    Options
    beanie be as blunt as u need to be ... I'm not offended :)

I'm not sure exactly what we need to spend, as u know food has been an issue for us for years, this isn't anything New, today we spent a lot and that doesn't include the staples like coconut oil avocado oil spices etc

we do like to eat free range and as organic as we can, but I accept that isn't always possible, so we can only do what we can, so truth to tell I'm not sure exactly how much we do spend on food ... and realistically when u divide £100 by seven then by 2 it's not an awful lot of money per day per person . I accept and fully u understand it is a lot more than a lot of people have, I understand this, and I am eternally greatful that I don't have to go to a soup kitchen or food bank in order to get by.

I think getting on top of this expenditure will be a big goal for us
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does £400 include any booze? Because we eat a bit of organic stuff, a lot of free range and generally decent quality ingredients and manage to do it on £300 for 3 inc. booze

Ps. Booze for 2 ;)
  • elantan
    Options
    ermmm not really , maybe a few bottles of wine for Mr El for the full month

it does include one takeaway a week for two though,

maybe I need to start a whole this is what I bought and this is what we used thread to get this pinned down ?

that way people can see what we are eating and spending ?

might be helpful but do people really want to go through that amount of not very interesting Infomation ?
  • elantan
    Options
    the snow is getting heavier here, I'm up early and just about to get ready for the day, breakfast then it's caravan and food prep for the week
  • elantan
    edited 18 March 2018 at 2:04PM
    Options
    I'm currently cleaning the caravan, now cleaning and other assorted jobs are very good for working out problems and finding solutions to those problems ....

This food issue is an issue, it's been an issue for as long as I can remember, we are good at getting on top of loads of problems but this one we just can't seem to figure out

So maybe im coming at it in the wrong way, maybe I need to come at it from a more challenge orientated perspective,

with this in mind I'm thinking ok so £400 divided by 4 then divided by 7 and halfed gives us a spend per day, £7.14 a day each.

maybe I need to challenge Mr El and I to £7 a day each ?

not sure if this will work but it has to be worth a try surely ?

I can't help but think that £7 a day isn't exactly much money for food... not when I'm trying to eat healthy, loose weight, be sustainable and as environmentally friendly as possible

but I also fully realise that for many £7 a day for food would be luxury, a lot of people manage on much less and I take my hat off to them, we all try as best as we can to work within our budgets be they big, small or in between
  • beanielou
    Options
    Food for thought!!

• elantan
    Options
    so decided to start a food challenge thread, i'm setting myself a £7 a day limit, have found it quite interesting so far, I spend £1.61 a day on supplements, that is going to change, so far today I am just at less than £6 and I didnt have lunch, Mr El is over the £7 as he has ate more than me,

its going to be a work in progress and I have no doubt it will morph into something else as I work through the issues.

anyway heres a link incase anyone is interested

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5812344
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family