The final countdown

Options

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 March 2018 at 10:23PM
    Options
    Graham's do a lovely organic milk (full fat, with cream on top). DD cried when I told her the milk had cream in it (think she thought "ointment"), then promptly insisted on another cup :D

Sure the Fentiman's cola is v. Nice, tried their pink lemonade and it was :drool:
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    Thats it Z it has to be sustainable and it has to be tasty ( I added that bit)

Tasty is all part of sustainable. If you're not enjoying eating it, soon you'll stop and eat something else. Well unless you're being paid for it (dog food quality assurance... ;))
    I have lost some weight recently and do need to loose more, I dont ever want to be skinny but I do need to loose more weight for my health, just now with the new job I have I have to put on PPE which must weight atleast 2 stone, and really hurts me carrying the extra weight, so whilst I have been successful in losing weight I do need to carry it on for another good few stone,

It's going to be a pain until your body adjusts, but your body will make you lose weight just carrying that if you don't start eating more.
    I am personally delighted the food pyramid is burning down, have been actively ignoring it for a long time now and watched people go on and on about it being healthy for us meanwhile many people develop diabetes etc

If you're wanting to see something similar, but different, look at the rise of cat diabetes. The parallels are there to be taken.
    So what I am kinda thinking is I need to find a sustainable way for the rest of my life to eat healthy consciously and affordably, it seems to be taking me on a journey I didnt think about, already two days in and I feel that I have became aware of a few things, I did look at portion control before but quickly dismissed it as I didnt think it possible, however, now I need to try it so I can afford to eat healthier and then when I have got a good weight then I can see about playing around with the amounts, upping it so that I dont loose anymore

still cant get my head around people only eating 100g of meat though, although I have met many older people who dont even eat that, I spose I just think of me and how much I love to eat big portions lol

Start slow...see if you notice 214g instead of 215g. Doesn't sound much, but you'd be eating nothing in less than 8 months if you keep it up...
    I thought today I might have got some organic milk but it was semi skimmed,wasnt sure if I could turn semi into cream then butter so left it,

You can't turn homogenised milk into butter - you need cream. You can either have 100% cream, or take the top off non-homogenised
    milk.
    now the cola bottle looks lovely, will need to try it sometime.

It is nice - but expensive. A treat only.
    Graham's do a lovely organic milk (full fat, with cream on top).

I just buy Tesco... :p;)
    DD cried when I told her the milk had cream in it (think she thought "ointment"), then promptly insisted on another cup :D

:rotfl:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    back to work today so money movement wise £106 to the mortgage £1 to the no chocolate club nothing to Tilly Tidy, just work to get through

have a wonderful day everyone xxx
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Options
    I'll just chip in with the food chatter... Experiment with some little things to trick your mind... Have a look at the size of your plates and bowls and if you can get smaller ones, but don't then overfill plate to compensate (MIL gives me a smaller plate for Sunday dinner but stacks it so high my knife and fork start digging in at chin level! Even a tiny difference makes a big difference (think mortgage and snowball effect). As much as it sounds boring to meat lovers, add side salads to every meal. Eventually the salad may become 50% of the meal instead of 25%. Try and drink some water before you eat your meal (thinking/visualising less room in your stomach).

Overall i's say there's no hard and fast rule for diet that works for everyone. Its a case of find what works for you, your family, your work, your time, your preferences. I also like the radio advert at the minute for snacks that says have 2 snacks a day at 100 cals max. 100 cals is tough to find a wide variety of snacks but if you expand that slightly to 150 it opens up a load of options.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • edinburgher
    Options
    I also like the radio advert at the minute for snacks that says have 2 snacks a day at 100 cals max. 100 cals is tough to find a wide variety of snacks but if you expand that slightly to 150 it opens up a load of options.

Isn't that for *children*, or have I missed the point entirely? :think:
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I do the smaller plate approach (but perhaps need to go smaller again)

And the 100 cal snacks is from the Change for life people so aimed at children really, but not a bad way to go (although my little one rarely snacks, he's too busy playing, but then has a slightly bigger portion at meal times than his friends)
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Our little one rarely dines, she survives on a diet of milk and toast :eek:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,544 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Our little one rarely dines, she survives on a diet of milk and toast :eek:

My DS never dined at that age either:eek:
    Hardly ate anything.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,544 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Actually I really like the idea of two snacks at around 100- 150 cals each.
    Wonders how many more are in my orange mini egg smarties :po
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • edinburgher
    Options
    MFP tells me that I have already eaten (or will eat), 679 calories of snacks today :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure