The final countdown

Options

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh greent that sounds like a quite difficult way to move furniture about, hope the next one isn't as difficult. Do you get a good night's sleep with your mattress ?

Today I got another £1.34 voucher for Asna, need to get it printed off and use it next time I'm up the street, need to go get some Euro's as well, need to look out the suitcases to go also.

Still nothing from uni regarding passing etc but I go in tomorrow for a final tea and cake thing where the obligatory photo gets taken, not interested in any of that stuff but I need some information tomorrow so will need to go in.

I also need to get two new tyres, I'm thinking of going for partworn tyres, they are less than half price and just now while I'm not working that kinda suits us.

Everthing else is just plodding along nothing really new to share, still trying to learn how to do map and compass reading, still needing to work on becoming hillfit, stI'll have things I need to tick off so that I'm ready to tackle the hills next year ... but I'm getting there
  • elantan
    Options
    £60 for the tyres, so at least that's them done for another wee while, cake bought for uni tomorrow and a couple of cards and mugs for the people I was close with for the last 3 years, other than that no money spent.

Nothing else really to report
  • elantan
    Options
    So today was the last day of uni ever ( unless I go back and do a post grad or Msc etc ... was good catching up with the people I got on well with was also good knowing I won't need to see the people I didn't get on with anymore

Went out for a bite to eat with the group and arranged to meet up again, it's very interesting listening to how we all have different plans, one is off to Kuwait, one tof London, one to Australia and two of us just staying put. ... was really good to hear the younger members hopes and dreams for their future ... and to give them a wee bit of worldly advice
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Is this an undergraduate degree? Seems a strange time to finish.

Congratulations
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • elantan
    Options
    Yeah it's an undergraduate ... I finished in July, it's just there is a lot of paperwork and stuff that has to be done so that the paperwork can go elsewhere for something else to happen to it, so the kinda final 2 hour class telling us the remainder of the process, 3 bits if paperwork to complete, other paperwork to file, meetings with personal tutors to have, then a tea party and class photo.

I still won't get my recognition till after August 30th so whilst I know I've passed and have a distinction it isn't official for another wee while... even though I finished in July, the paperwork part takes until November 3rd to sort out and graduation is Nov 8th/9th
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    OOh a distinction my friend.
    Well done xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • elantan
    Options
    Ohhh thanks Beanie,

Well today's plans were chopping wood for the fire and stripping the polytunnel, not sure of they are still the plans or not but we will see. Mr El has decided to try another kayaking club, the one he is a member of is OK, but it's a long drive away and the roads are often diverted so it takes even longer to get there or home, the result of which is Mr El has only been going once a month or so.

The problem with the other club is its on the same night as the folk club and also the astronomy club ( which I fancied trying out this year) so three clubs on the same night :( so not too sure how that will work out but it will. Haven't been to the astronomy club yet so I am unsure of the price, the kayaking club is £5 each per week and the folk club is £7 each or £3 each depending on if there are bands playing or not ( it's also byob so a relatively cheap night)
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello El :wave:, I thought I'd see if you had a diary running as I've seen you posting around (it takes me a while to get the hang of these things!). I confess I have not read your previous threads but I've read this one through and have subscribed.

Well done on getting a distinction!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • wildesavings
    Options
    Mattress looks beautiful! I'm very green with envy - ours is awful and moving up the 'to do' list rapidly!

Thanks for the recommendation x
    Started my MFW journey in August 14 : £103,650
    2019 : £77,900
  • Hey up, 'Tis me in other form. Have to go back to Newbie status as lost my password and dumb me also got rid of old email so hey ho. Regarding wedding costs-two pints of lager and a packet of crisps! Packet of crisps is the cheaper option, so would go with that :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure