The final countdown

Options

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As I'm sure you can imagine over the last few years I have mastered the art of procrastination, today's procrastination delights led me to remember to Che k my asna receipts, £2.52 on one and £1.53 on another, I really need to try and remember to stay on top of this, it's not a huge amount of money, but every little helps and with me not working at the moment it could be the thing that makes a huge difference to our finances
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    Other plans for today are doing online training, you know the stuff you have to do, know all the answers to and yet don't take your time doing the online stuff so land up failing cause it's so boring ? Just another hoop to jump through ... yep that's the plan for today

Hope you jumped through that hoop...
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• elantan
    Options
    Erm nope ... not even started ... but I did save money in Asna
  • elantan
    Options
    The mortgage payment has came out so we are now down to less than £3k, it's a nice feeling to have. Part of me is tempted to just pay it all to get it clear, but the more sensible part says El you would have to lift savings which are making a tad more than you are paying in interest so just hod yersel.

Took son to Arbroath, just awaiting a price from that, thankfully son has stuck to the plan he had when younger to wear a Feileadh-Mhor so that cuts down on getting someone to make a kilt which will save money ... It does add pressure on me to learn how to dress my son ... sheesh he doesnt do things the easy way.
  • elantan
    Options
    Today's plan was visiting a friend, however, the guy that is meant to be transferring husbands pension hasn't done his work so I need to sort his mess out, will definitely need to find an IFA that will do a transfer without trying to " manage" the account as I somehow no longer trust this guy, never really have if I'm being honest, husband wanted to go with him cause all his workmates went with him.

A wee Tilly Tidy done, every bit helps .. however I have spent a tad too much in the last couple of days on safety gear for when up in the hills, still have some gloves and things to buy for Mr El but we will get there.

Still to do my computer work, still procrastinating well, I'm. Considering not doing it, if I don't do it I will be sacked, not sure that that bothers me too much, it's sacked as a job I won't be doing come November anyway, so I need to do it literally to get 2 months worth of work, but we are away basically the whole of September, so realistically it's 1 months worth of work and a lot of one computer stuff I need to do to get it
  • wildesavings
    Options
    wow, so close! Well done. Can I also ask what mattress you went for? We're desperate for a new one :)
    Started my MFW journey in August 14 : £103,650
    2019 : £77,900
  • elantan
    edited 22 August 2017 at 6:47PM
    Options
    http://www.bensonsforbeds.co.uk/igel-orion-mattress-platinum/?variantSku=382700034

We got the kingsize, I know you can get double, Queen etc

I'm gonna be honest and say ... yes I know it's not cheap, more than we have ever spent on a mattress before, our last mates was £1k but from day one it was never really comfortable and we would get up in the morning feeling our aches and pains, with this mattress we have slept great from the first night, we wake up in the morning feeling as if we've slept ... it costs a lot of money but in our opinion worth every penny, it makes a huge difference physically and mentally having a good night's sleep

We did get it on 3 years interest free credit, so whilst it will take a while to pay, we won't notice the money coming out as much

And thank you ... it's been an interesting journey :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,330 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lies in a darkened room at the thought of the cost :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • elantan
    Options
    Squeeze over, I will join you, it wasn't cheap Beanie ... but lack of sleep pain and stiffness in the morning needs dealt with ;)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Our current mattress was £1k 8years ago - and I can feel that this one probably only has a couple of years or so left in it, really. Our main problem is that it doesn't fit down the (narrow, twisty) loft staircase. To get it up involved taking out all of the bannisters, including the rails around the top landing - and the help of several neighbours (I was 8.5 months pregnant at the time - no way was I getting involved!!)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport