Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yup :) I paid a lot of the deposit money over to the solicitor today, with the rest going tomorrow as I'd reached my bank transfer limit! The "savings" are looking pretty depleted but it's a wonderful feeling to have them going out at last for such an exciting reason!!

Still got 5 more reports to write, yawn.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on paying the money! Hope you finished the reports and today is a good day.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just popping in to wish you all the best for tomorrow as I am sure you wont have time to pop in here!

I hope that everything goes smoothly for you, you keep the kettle and some mugs out so that you can drink tea whenever you need it and that your new home brings you lots of love, luck and happiness :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Also popping in to wish you love and happiness in your new home. Hope the move goes according to plan tomorrow xx
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    And me, Happy Moving House.

Hurrah to a new start in a lovely home. May all your wishes come true. :T:T:T:T:T
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Thank you all so much, you lovely people :) x

I'll be at school til 3:20, KW's picking up the keys and is going to start schlepping back and forth from his place to OURS :):)

I also had a bit of good news, financially speaking - I'm getting a credit note for 10% of DD's school fees as her bursary has gone up for September. Now, I don't know if that means I'll get cold, hard cash coming to me, or money will be credited to her account, which will mean that if the bursary goes down in future years, I won't have as much to find....but it's "free money" however it happens!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hurrah for bursary. Hurrah for school finishing early and most of all, hurrah for new housey. I hope it isn't too hot.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    !!!8230;.and we're in! It's amazing, we are all very happy bunnies :) The house downstairs looks fantastic, courtesy mainly of KW, who has worked his little socks off unpacking, cleaning and tidying.

We opened our sealed pots and had £313 in them! It's now mainly spent on goodies for the house, oh and a copy of Paddington on DVD for our first movie night tomorrow :):):)

I am happier than I thought possible, sitting at my dining table looking out over the quiet street whilst KW is watching TV quietly on the other side of the room, and DD is upstairs getting ready for bed.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Fantastic news. Well done on the new house and now you are in. There is no place like home as Dorothy said.

I hope you have a glorious Friday and weekend. :j:j:j:j:j:beer:
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Well, we had a fantastic weekend and have spent a lot of time in the pool, unpacking etc etc. We also had our first guests, KW's sister and her family, which was lovely. They really liked our house, naturellement!

Tonight, after going over to my parents for dinner with DD, KW and I have been sitting down setting up accounts and payments for the house - all very grown up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure