Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My sodding neck has gone into spasm :( Prescription strength painkillers, rest and very little done on the report-writing front. Grrr...typing one-handed as it's my dominant side it's affecting the most.

Anyway, I've just remembered I've also bought a lion-shaped pinata for my class party at the end of term (as we're Lion class!) and am hoping to fill it with all kinds of lovely stuff for the children, not just sweeties, but rubbers, bouncy balls etc. As I'm tight, I'm not stumping out for a pinata whacking stick, kind of outraged that you have to buy them separately!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Gosh, I can't believe what you have to do for them. We played pass the parcel once a year in our younger classes. I buy mine sweets.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Ahhhh, I don't usually do much at the end of the year, give them a book and we watch a film. However, this year's class are AWESOME and I'm leaving.....

The goodies inside will be cheap: I have a tin with some rubbers that I bought a gazillion years ago for something like 2p each, and I've got a couple of packs of colouring pencils I got for free. I'll get some sweeties from Aldi or Lidl (I'm usually very anti giving a class sweets, but on my final day I won't care ;) ).

We're definitely going to watch The Greatest Showman though!!

6 weeks to go :) My neck is feeling between a little and rather better, still hurts to turn it but I'll be ok to drive I reckon.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Put 95p into the sealed tin yesterday. It's getting really heavy, can't wait to move and open it :)

I emailed the solicitor yesterday asking for confirmation about how much I need to pay over to her to complete on the house - her answer was slightly anxiety making in that she's got to confirm with the vendor/housing association as to what they're expecting from me as service charges etc. Fingers crossed I definitely have enough, I'm pretty sure I do as I have about £2k left, but slightly worried that I'll be raiding my sealed pot!

Yesterday was a day that would have tested my patience if I wasn't on the countdown to getting away from the meddling headteacher and her mind games. I was able to stress for about 10 minutes, then let it go. What a relief!
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Another day closer to starting our new dreams and fulfilling many wishes :)

Got 65p for the tin, due to spending lots of money on rubbish...!!!8230;.and some beautiful flowers for colleagues who kicked a** at moderations :)
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I am so pleased your class is so nice. It's really good that you are buying them things. They make up for demon headmistress for sure.

Fab news on all the money that you have saved up in the tin. I hope the solicitor's bill isn't too expensive. Nearly there pet. Hang in there.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    TWO WEEKS today and I'll be even more beside myself with excitement!! This week has flown by :)

Had some physio for the first time in years yesterday and am now the proud owner of lots of ouchy exercises and a boot to wear whenever I'm sitting around or sleeping (had to take it off in the night as I just couldn't get comfy). My right ankle is an ongoing disaster area and I now have plantar fasciitis in that foot which has been excruciatingly painful for months.....

School today should be fun and interesting - we set up the hall as an art gallery last night to display the amazing work the children have done over the past fortnight. I can't wait for them to see it!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I hope work went well. Yikes to ouchy ankle. :(

Yay for the weekend.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    It was a rather fun day, the worst bit of it was being on duty at playground - lots of over-excited tiny ones accidentally treading on each other's fingers or whacking each other around the head as they got over excited on the climbing frame!

Glad it's the weekend though :)
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Popped to the doctor's yesterday about my ankle and he's sending me for an x-ray and he'll refer me to orthopaedics in Oxford to see what their prognosis is. I'm trying really hard to do my stretching exercises to help with the PF and managed to sleep with the boot on last night, progress!

DD, KW and I had a lovely afternoon in the town we're moving to, enjoying the ambience of the town carnival - we were too late for the procession, but met up with his sister and her family for a lovely mooch.

We harvested our peas :) and garlic from the allotment yesterday, can't wait to eat the garlic, lots of the peas have already found their way from the pods to my mouth.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure