Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Kittikins so sorry to hear things are so miserable for you at the moment. x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am so sorry I hope today is better. See if you can go out for a walk or doing something nice as a family just so you have some escape. Good luck we are thinking of you.:grouphug::grouphug:
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    Not coping well this week at all. Thank goodness for the amazing NHS, KW and DD. Feel guilty that I'm burdening people but also relieved that they're listening.

60p for the jar.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    I'm glad you have someone close to help you through the tough times KK hope you are feeling better soon x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Please take some time out. Go away for a day somewhere and just chill and drink tea, coffee and have cake. Sod the expense. You deserve it. It will get better. I think the dark nights are making it worse so give yourself a treat. hugs, swxxxxx
  • Kittikins
    Options
    KW has been fab. We had a rare Saturday night out (usually I'm with DD as she loves having "movie night" en famille on a Saturday....) and instead of cooking and watching a film at his place, I went over and did a bit of work in the afternoon whilst he was working, then we met up and had a scrummy meal and then went to see the new Bladerunner film. A proper date night! It was lush :)

DD was out at a girly shopping trip, dinner, film, sleepover extravaganza so I was able to pick her up around 10am this morning. Getting away from everyday life was so worth it. I had a good chat to the friend's parents for a couple of hours before we left and took DD and her friend for a swim nearby.

It felt like a normal weekend like we used to have, but better. I'm behind on what I needed to achieve for work and am starting to stress about going in to school tomorrow, but am feeling more rested and hopefully able to cope better.

I know it's going to take quite some time to deal with what's going on, so am making the most of how I'm feeling right now.

25p for the Marmite jar. I'm thinking that in a day or so when it gets to £100, giving it to KW as a third towards the shed on our allotment. He has managed to scrape together the money for it, but think it'll be gratefully received and I am planning on enjoying the allotment nearly as much as him!
  • butterfly2001
    Options
    kittikins, I just want to say hello and please look after yourself,, i'm a teacher too and know how stressful it can be xx
    A big thank you to all those who post on the forum and make it a worthwhile place!!!:j

• Kittikins
    Options
    Thanks butterfly x

I had an hour's-long observation this morning, no feedback yet other than a vague "there's lot to celebrate". I think the observer needs to run her notes past someone else before she officially feeds back to me, when no doubt there will be many concerns added....

I finished the obs and spent the rest of the day trying not to cry :( Still feel rubbish now. I have no real opinion on how it went as I doubt myself so much...

I'm tired and over-emotional again, lol. I had a great day out on Tuesday at a training course but wanted to cry the whole day because I was stressing about being back in school the following day :( The week feels like it's been really long, and I hate to say it, but I can't wait for half term.

Ho hum. Still no likelihood of buying or renting anywhere :(

Quite a few NSDs are being racked up though, which is nice.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    You sound really down. Most people are during the process and it shouldn't be like this. Hopefully you will have had a good result by now and will have heard.

I hope you can focus on the fact that it is nearly half term. We are nearly there. It is #Friday and hopefully you can take the weekend off. I will try to.

Roll on half term.
  • butterfly2001
    Options
    These mocksteds and unnecessary observations are terrible i hope the coming week is more positive for you and you've been able to enjoy the weekend x
    A big thank you to all those who post on the forum and make it a worthwhile place!!!:j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure