Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Feeling worse :( Spent most of the afternoon coughing and spluttering and had to put a wet paper towel (the cure all!) on my forehead as I was rather hot, lol.

Can't be sick tomorrow (unless I'm physically sick!) as we have a local authority inspection that's apparently 100x worse than Ofsted and I need to be there really....I don't think the Head would appreciate me being out and as she has a fierce temper, I don't want to get on the wrong side of her :(

Anyway, in more exciting news, KW and I went to the allotment yesterday and we made some new friends :) Our neighbour on the allotment introduced herself and was totally lovely - then whilst chatting to her, it turns out she and her husband live opposite KW!!! Talk about a small world....

There's an allotment party on Saturday to which KW has been invited, I'm so pleased for him :) (I can't make it and really want him to go and make some like-minded chums :) )

In spending news, I bought us veggie pasty and chips for dinner last night as we were starving after the lottie and then a trip to B&Q to look at sheds and garden stuff :)

40p to the Marmite jar of joy. I've had to transfer £20 from savings into my bank account just in case my latest Amazon order takes me over the edge before I get paid. I bought some new socks (woohoo!), eco-friendly bamboo toothbrushes and some card so I can make an awesome framed picture for my first anniversary with KW in November. There's a brilliant quote he'll LOVE and I've discovered I can buy it as a pdf and print it myself a lot cheaper than having it sent to me on equivalent card :)

I need petrol but am hoping to get by til Friday - my month of no credit card spending has gone well, but I am closer to zero on my bank accounts than I'd like to be, without having spent much. Maybe it's all that rounding down that's doing it....hmmm....might rethink it and only do it weekly rather than daily next month.

Nothing's come up on the housing front. There is a flat in a town a bit further away but that's why I'm not going for it, as it would take us probably nearly 30 mins to get to DD's school in the morning, which would get on our nerves after the first day or so!

Had to pay £10 towards school Christmas night out, so will have £18 plus drinks on the night to pay. I've cancelled my mum's expensive present of sponsoring an olive tree that cost me £30/quarter as I can't afford to keep it up. I said I'd give KW £20 as half of the annual allotment cost but it will have to wait until after payday. He won't mind at all I know, and isn't expecting it anyway, but I want to do it.

Right, I'll have a quick mooch about MSE then go and finish my marking and have a reasonably early night before tomorrow's excitement!!!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I hope the inspection is ok. It is so stressful hopefully it will be over by the weekend. Your shopping purchases sound quite inspiring. Ive never even heard of bamboo toothbrushes.

I'm not going to our night out. It's over £50! Glad that yours is affordable. Congratulations on no credit card spending.

Hopefully another house will come up soon, but choose one that suits your needs. Fingers crossed.

Good luck tomorrow.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Well, I survived and wasn't handed a P45 when I left this evening, so hopefully wasn't too horrendous. Trying not to stress about the fact I'm not a robot and that me and my co-teacher have different styles and that we may get pitted against each other.

Had a NSD and transferred 6p into online savings, woop woop!!
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Payday yesterday, woooooooo!! :) My tax seems to have sorted itself out now, so I didn't get the mahoosive amount taken off for my union fees, which is a relief as I hate having to pay money back.

Bought some scrumptious cheeses, crackers and wine to have for dinner with KW, as I really fancied something treaty but couldn't be bothered to cook. Thankfully we are so perfect for each other that he likes that kind of thing as much as me :)

Put petrol in the car as it was nearly on fumes and I'm fuming because today is the last day of the month and my ex-husband hasn't paid his maintenance yet. Hopefully it'll come in soon, as I really do need it!!

Need to give DD her pocket money for the month, £8 (£2/week given on Saturdays) and will need to give her a bit more next week as she's going out on the town with her friends; her first ever girly shopping trip!

I've got £7 in my purse, and will need to get more money out as I'm off to my school reunion tomorrow, which will involve a trip to the pub! Hopefully I won't spend anything today, as I've got some work to do and it's a day for much needed relaxation and chilling out after feeling ill all week.
  • Kittikins
    edited 30 September 2017 at 11:57AM
    Options
    I put some coppers in KW's pot for the seaside :) and paid him my half of our allotment rent. We had such a lovely time this morning poring over a seed catalogue :)

The fancy card has arrived for me to print his anniversary present. I'm toying with trying to type the Dylan Thomas quote up myself and print it out but the one on etsy does look far more stylish than I think I can do. I've got another month before needing to have it ready and have 25 pieces of card, so plenty of time to experiment!

My bamboo socks have arrived as well, they feel very nice. Not sure how warm they're going to be but at least they don't have holes in!!

UPDATE: I think I've cracked the typing up - just hope it'll print out as nicely as it looks on screen, going to take rather a lot of ink and I may find it hard not to get over-excited and give it to him next time I see him!!
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Just transferred £500 into online savings as otherwise I might feel like I'm rich this month....
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Well done on savings and printing pressie for KW. Hope you enjoy the school reunion.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    The Dylan Thomas Project sounds great. It is very creative. Well done on saving so much too and on paying for allotment - it will cover it's own costs. yay.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Feeling pants tonight. The flat appears to be still on the market so now I'm thinking that the owner has lied and is going to jack the price up in a few days (KW thinks we have had a lucky escape). School is yuk, well certain aspects are and it might take a while for it to change, if at all.

Thank goodness for KW and DD, eh?!? I spent about £15 over the weekend (including this morning) on nothing in particular, grrr.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    and now home life is seriously carp again. I can't go on like this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure