Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Oh Kittikins exciting news about the allotment but (((hugs))) so sorry to hear about the flat. Hope something else comes along soon x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Omg, how mean were they????! I am so sorry. I can't believe someone would be that cruel, make you do all that work and back out at the last minute. I do hope you can try to chill and not let it upset you. Please treat yourself kindly this weekend you deserve it.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It was a harsh blow that's for sure, but by the next day I felt quite a bit better. I think not having spent out any money, just lots of emotion and excitement meant that I can get over it. DD turned the air blue when I told her!

Anyway, apart from spending a bit too much this weekend on yummy food and a cheeky pair of earrings from a lovely market, the profit from which is going to a leukaemia charity, I'm still saving. Something else will come up.

Neither DD nor KW are ready for the three of us to live together - DD because she's not known life with a gentleman ever in her conscious life as her daddy left when she was a tiny baby, so it would feel odd; and KW because he's conscious of that, and wants her to feel she knows him well enough before he kind of inflicts himself on us both.

In the meantime, I'm back to scouring the estate agent websites, the HA websites and hoping to find a few extra £1,000 down the back of the sofa!!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    I am sure you will all know when the time is right to move in together KK. In the meantime I think its good that you and DD can look for a place which will give you both a home and security regardless of what happens in the future
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Well done, yummy food is the way to go. Speaking of which I am going down to find some. lol. Have a good day. It is raining here.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Forgot about the choc bar after typing that, so that's a treat waiting to happen some other time!!

NSD and put 80p into the Marmite jar :)
  • Kittikins
    Options
    NSD, going to put £1 into the jar from my purse.

I was surprised to get a nice email from the HA saying they were sorry the flat had fallen through and that they would contact me if anything else came up I might like.

I think I'm going to contact the building companies who are just about to start building 2 local estates and ask who their social housing is going to be with. I think I'm right in saying that all new developments have to have a certain percentage of social housing? Hopefully they won't be retirement properties, as lots of others seem to be....I'm not that old yet!
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Grrr, I can't sleep. I think I'm coming down with the cold that has caught DD and my mum. No wonder really.....

So, I've checked my bank balances and have moved 80p into online savings.

I've sent a couple of school-related emails and am going to put together some more assemblies for next term :)
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Well done on putting money into savings. I hope you don't get the cold as 'tis the season. Drink some lemsip as that will nip it in the bud.

It's a good idea to contact property developers and I reckon the housing association is your best bet as it will be quicker for them to find a home as they will have loads on their books hopefully.

I'm tidying housey before prospective tenant arrives at 6pm and just chilling today.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Its good that the housing association have contacted you KK lets hope that something else comes up soon ! Hope you are feeling better.

Living off savings diary
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure