Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another NSD under my belt, and I've paid off my credit card, phew!

Messaged ex OH on facebook asking for him to pay double maintenance this month, as he didn't pay anything in September....seeing as it's the only way I can contact him and it appears he didn't open my last message sent 4 years ago, I think I can safely anticipate that this message won't get opened either :(
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Well done on the NSD and paying the credit card yay !
    Sorry to hear the ex is being difficult with money again, but I am glad you have had a good return to work.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Hmmm, the owner of the flat has been in touch this afternoon by email, saying that he was only told YESTERDAY by the HA that I had put an offer in. I find that hard to believe, given that I told him I was going to, but after the way the HA were so inefficient in their dealings with me, maybe he's not telling fibs after all!

Anyway, he's not yet bought the other 50% of the flat, so am I still interested?

I don't like the use of "yet" and think that it all sounds too fishy to be true, so am going to steer clear, even though the flat is still the only thing remotely in my price bracket. I'm once bitten, twice shy.....

In other (no) news, the exOH hasn't opened my facebook message, nor has he paid any maintenance yet this month, so I presume something's gone wrong in his life and I'll be the last, if ever, to know about it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

And breathe!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    I hope the ex sorts the money he owes you both. Enjoy the courses and keep a cool head with this property. Maybe perhaps you can even bargain him down as he now wants to sell?
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Options
    I've decided to not go for the flat, there's something fishy about the owner and I'm thinking that KW, DD and I would want more space if, as and when we all move in together, so it wouldn't be the right place in those circumstances.

S*dding exOH STILL hasn't paid his maintenance for November.....so I think the likelihood of him paying for September is nil :(

I have been naughty and as well as buying some textbooks for maths, I've also bought a cute little 4-drawer storage box that I'm not sure what I'm going to put in it, but I have walked past it on 3 separate occasions in Morrison's and wanted it, so on the 4th time, I thought "I obviously need it!" :)
  • Kittikins
    Options
    I had Ofsted this week! Stayed at school til 10:30pm, was observed teaching maths and good really positive feedback via the Head - maybe she'll back off now?!?

It's a huge relief to have it done, we were all on tenterhooks until Wednesday each week, as we were 'overdue' but we all thought it would happen in spring, to let the new Head settle in as it were. We'll know our rating in 2 weeks' time, fingers crossed!

My mojo is returning big-time :)
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    lol. You are so amazingly positive Kittikins. Most people have a breakdown after Ofsted and you actually cheer up:beer::beer::money::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well done you. I hope they are blooming proud of you and will leave you alone now. Have a great weekend.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Thank you lovely :) It was nice to feel that I can actually teach, at least with my lovely maths group, who I had last year as well :)

So far, so lovely - waking up with KW *swoon* and this evening, one of my BFFs asked her lovely girlie to marry her :) I love a wedding, am bound to cry!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Well done on the ofstead KK. Its great to hear you sounding so positive and much happier. Ooo a wedding, good excuse for a new outfit ;) and maybe a new hat ? I personally can't wear hats but lots of lovely ones around if they suit you.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Options
    I always joke, like Cilla Black, about getting a hat for a wedding, but I never wear them, I don't suit hats at all!

I think the medicine and Ofsted are helping my overall mood a lot! Even if my school doesn't keep it's current rating, at least I know that my teaching on the day was good enough for an HMI (higher than an Ofsted person, apparently) and that's made me so happy!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure