Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm glad you are feeling better. Life is weird isn't it? some days you are on top of the world, other days it feels like you can't cope with it. We will all get there in the end as long as we stay positive and keep trying.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    I've been out at a really useful CPD course today, but am now stressing about going back in tomorrow :( *sigh* I know it's not going to be a linear getting better, and that I'll have off days.

At least s*dding ex has now paid November's maintenance, so he's just one month behind....grrr...
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Eeeeeeeek! I'm getting very excited - a 2-bed shared ownership house came on the market 2 days ago, just as I was leaving school to go home, and DD and I are off to see it tonight!!!!!!!!! :):):)

It's in the town we want to live in, but not right in the centre like the last place. It's quite ugly from the outside (I'm not used to modern houses, the most modern I've lived in was 1954, and other than that, have always been in Victorian/Georgian splendour, lol). However, the inside is quirky, big enough for 2 (or hopefully 3) of us, and has 2 parking spaces, so in time, hopefully KW would be able to save up for a car/scooter to get to the station a few miles away.

The mortgage company seem happy enough with the lack of maintenance payments, as in they think I can still get a mortgage without them being included, so I just have to hope that we like it when we see it.

In other news, I've had a small payrise, which after tax, will probably give me buttons, but it looks good for the mortgage application I guess!

The evil one has also given my co-teacher and I a full day out of school for "Christmas shopping" today. We'd normally have a half day PPA, but she's boosting it for everyone, to say thank you for all our hard work since September! Maybe she has a glimmer of a heart.....

Saving isn't going very well, but it is Christmas and I am buying presents (not always for other people ;) ) :)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Oh Kittikins how exciting :j I hope you both like the house keeping everything crossed for you. I am glad the head is recognising your worth and hard work :T
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Options
    The house is AMAZING! So much better than the flat, in terms of size, decoration, the location is still great and we soooooo want it! It's also a share of the freehold, rather than a leasehold property, so if we were able to buy the lot at any point, it would make it fully ours :)

Downsides - the current owners are buying a new build that's not going to be ready until May. Also, they are getting a LOT of interest and so will be picking the people they like the best to buy it. Hopefully I'll be in a great position as I have the mortgage offer ready and will send it over to the estate agent (although I will need a new one due to the exOH situation, grrrr, but shall keep quiet about that until I have another mortgage offer on the table!), and do have proof of deposit and all that.

We can wait til May, in a way it would be good to have more time to sort our carp out (I have enough tat on my own to probably fill a four-bed house, lol) and save more money for unexpected necessities!

Wish us luck!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    OMG. OMG. I hope you get it. May is good as it gives you plenty of time to get ready for it. It is something fabulous to look forward to a lovely house in the summer.
  • Kittikins
    edited 3 December 2017 at 5:03PM
    Options
    The owners picked us!!!!! :)

We've found a solicitor, have asked the mortgage people to hurry up and get me a new mortgage deal sorted to take account of my slightly changed circumstances, and are trying not to be too hyper......

Took KW to see the outside of it yesterday and he is really happy too :)

We also went to a Christmas market and had a very lovely time, the three of us. DD is very relaxed with KW now, and was also good at not letting me spend too much money! In fact, she's actually donated some of her pocket money this month towards paying solicitor's bills for the house!!

The Marmite jar is very unhealthy at the moment....it now has but £4 in pound coins and I don't know how much in silver. I've used it, rather than the bank, for spending....am going to look in a charity/pound shop for something I can't open!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Brilliant news. I can't think of a better thing. OMG. A house of your very own. It sounds like your DD and other half are all in agreement and are all supportive too. Here's to a great 2018 for all of you in your lovely home. You have so much to look forward to now. :beer::j:money::D:T:):A

I love it when things fall into place. Really really well done. don't worry about spending your money bank savings. I did it and have been spending the Christmas money all year and have nothing saved up. lol. Gotta laugh. it will fall into place though I know.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Woo hoo !!! Kittikins I am so pleased for all of you :beer: :j
    What great news just in time for Christmas and the new year. You deserve some good luck and good news xx
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Counted my Marmite jar and added in £4 - from DD! She has donated the remains of this month's pocket money (after buying me a lovely Christmas present :) ) to the new house fund! What a gorgeous girlie I have, eh? xxxx

I now have £20 in there and there is MUST stay!

As KW has to give 2 month's notice on his flat, he's suggested that he doesn't give it up until I definitely have the house, then DD and I can move in and have a bit of mummy-daughter time, whilst he moves in v-e-r-y slowly, a car load a week or something :) It might be a nice idea for DD, so that she gets more used to the idea of there being a hairy Welshman about the place!

Ooooooh, I'm going to be on tenterhooks until I know I have a new Agreement in Principle and can definitely apply for the mortgage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure